Right to food
International standards & introductory material on right to food: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Association of Professional Societies in East call for stringent regulation of food manufacturers after suspension of food items due to safety concerns
Author: James Kariuki, Business Daily (Kenya)
"Professionals call for stringent regulation of food companies"...
Opinion: Climate change & food security among reasons why Africa should fight against corporate impunity
Author: JA4Change (Mozambique)
" Why Should Africa Lead the Fight Against Corporate Power?...
Author: Esther Rose, All Africa
‘Only Responsible Investors Need Apply - Activists Urge Govt’ 5 November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Natural Resources
- Related stories: Laos: Xayaburi Dam begins operations despite protests from villagers arguing dam will destroy their livelihoods; company did not respond
- This is a non response from the following companies: CK Power Company
Laos: Protests continue against Xayaburi Dam for the reduced river flow and risk of livelihood crisis as it begins operations
Author: Panu Wongcha-um, Reuters
"New Mekong dam in Laos opens to protests, dried-out downstream", 28 Oct 2019...
Laos: Xayaburi Dam begins operations despite villagers arguing that dam will destroy their livelihoods
An article alleges that the Xayaburi Dam, in which CK Power is a main developer, will destroy the livelihoods of the villagers. It further alleges that the beginning of the commercial operations of the Xayaburi Dam coincides with “parts of the Mekong...
Author: Nick Toscano, The Sunday Morning Herald
"PNG's Ok Tedi mine disaster money locked in new legal fight", 3 November 2019...
Author: Iara Moura, Carta Capital (Brazil)
“Mídia silencia povos do mar na cobertura de vazamento no Nordeste”, 11 de outubro de 2019...
Author: Aurélie Giraud, Conso Globe (France)
...[S]ix ONG ont décidé de poursuivre en justice le groupe Total pour ses activités en Ouganda…C’est ce que dénoncent les ONG selon lesquelles la première action en justice est basée sur la loi relative au « devoir de vigilance » des multinationals…...
- Related stories: 6 ONG accusent Total de non-respect de la loi française sur le devoir de vigilance dans sa filiale en Ouganda; Total répond USA: Trial in New York begins accusing ExxonMobil of defrauding shareholders over climate impact of business operations
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques
- Related companies: ExxonMobil Total