Introduction & international standards on tax avoidance: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Brazil: Survey by Intl. Labour Org. & Labour Prosecution Office reveals 8,000 children and teenagers working in the cocoa supply chain, but some companies have good practices
At least 8,000 Brazilian children and teenagers work in the chocolate production chain according to the report requested by the International Labour Organization (ILO) and by Brazil’s Labour Prosecution's Office, between 2017 and 2018. Brasil de Fato ...
Author: Convoca Perú-OCMAL
“#JuegoDePrecios: Los esquemas oscuros de la gran minería para reducir impuestos” – 12 de diciembre de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) BHP Billiton Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Doe Run (part of Renco) Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Grupo México Mitsubishi Group Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metals Renco Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde (joint venture Freeport-McMoRan, Sumitomo Mining Co. & Buenaventura) Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Teck Resources
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest news on proposed binding treaty
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci
Nigeria: Federal lawsuit against Chevron and Total over missing crude oil revenue adjourned to February 2019
Author: News Agency of Nigeria, Premium Times
"$69 Million Oil Shipment: Nigeria's suit against Chevron, Total to continue February", 4 December 2018....
Author: Matt Kennard & Claire Provost, Foreign Policy
"African Governments Are Paying for the World Bank’s Mauritius Miracle"...
- Related stories: Malawi Mangoes accused of siphoning tax from Malawi to Mauritius tax haven; company denies allegations
- Related companies: Malawi Mangoes
Author: Malawi Mangoes
"Response to Foreign Policy Article – 25th October 2018"...
- Related stories: Malawi Mangoes accused of using Mauritius tax haven to avoid paying tax in Malawi; company denies allegations
- This is a response from the following companies: Malawi Mangoes