Security issues & conflict zones: General
Related stories and components
British excavation giant JCB warned about potential violations of international law in the occupied Palestinian territories
In August 2018, Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights (LPHR) raised human rights concerns with JCB regarding its involvement in the imminent demolition of Khan al-Ahmar, a Palestinian village in the occupied West Bank. JCB’s products have reportedly...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited JCB to respond to allegations relating to its involvement in the imminent demolition of Khan al-Ahmar. JCB did not respond
- Related stories: British excavation giant JCB warned about potential violations of international law in the occupied Palestinian
- This is a non response from the following companies: JCB
Supply-chain risks associated with the minerals likely to surge in demand as renewable and electric vehicle industries accelerate
"The mining sector will play a key role in the transition toward a low-carbon future. The technologies required to facilitate this shift, including wind turbines, solar panels and improved energy storage, all require significant mineral and metal...
Colombia: Proposed bill would benefit companies & landowners occupying lands of people displaced by internal armed conflict
Author: Adriaan Alsema for Colombia Reports
“How to steal land the size of a small country and get away with it” - September 17, 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources
In September 2018, Spain halted the sale of 400 laser-guided missiles to Saudi Arabia amid concerns about their use in the conflict in Yemen. According to the UN, the war has left more than 10,000 people and left 8.4 million on the brink of famine. The...
Author: Centro de Estudios Legales y Sociales, CELS
“Causa maldonado: intervenciones telefónicas e informe de la procuvin” – 11 de septiembre de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- This is a response from the following companies: Benetton Compañía de Tierras del Sud Argentino (part of Benetton)
Colombia: 13 ex-Chiquita executives to face criminal charges over alleged financing of paramilitary groups
Author: Adriaan Alsema, Colombia Reports (Colombia)
"Colombia charges 13 former Chiquita executives over hundreds of murders", 1 Sep 2018...
Author: Kenya Civil Society Platform on Oil & Gas
- Related in-depth areas: Land Rights & Displacements