Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources)
Headquarters in Canada
Ivanhoe Mines became Turquoise Hill Resources in August 2012. Please see the Turquoise Hill Resources section for items post-August 2012.
Author: Louis-Nino Kansoun, Agence Ecofin (Suisse)
"Coronavirus : ces pays africains miniers qui ont des raisons de s’inquiéter pour leur économie", 14 février 2020...
Author: Agence Ecofin (Suisse)
"RDC : un premier décès sur le site du projet Kamoa-Kakula", 26 septembre 2019...
- Related companies: Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources)
Africa: Sierra Leone’s cancellation of mining licence raises concerns about a resurgence of resource nationalism across the continent
Author: Henry Sanderson, Harry Dempsey & Neil Munshi, Financial Times
‘Sierra Leone mine dispute raises fears of resource nationalism’ 9 October 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Acacia (formerly African Barrick Gold) Barrick Gold Glencore Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments)
Author: Human Rights Watch, groundWork, Centre for Environmental Rights & Earthjustice
"“We Know Our Lives Are in Danger”: Environment of Fear in South Africa’s Mining-Affected Communities", 16 Apr 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Eskom Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Mineral Resource Commodities (see Mineral Commodities) Transworld Energy and Mineral Resources Turquoise Hill Resources
Mongolia: Herders successfully reach tripartite settlement to remain on heritage land following lawsuit over impact of Oyu Tolgoi mine
Author: Rod Austin, Guardian (UK)
"An example to all': the Mongolian herders who took on a corporate behemoth – and won", 8 Apr 2019...
Assessment of Canada's Natl. Contact Point cases in extractive sector finds it unable to provide effective remedy
Author: Above Ground, MiningWatch Canada, OECD Watch
"'Canada is Back' But Still Far Behind," 15 Nov 2016...
- Related stories: UN Forum 2016: Materials launched & commentaries
- Related companies: Barrick Gold China Gold International Resources China Railway Construction Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals, China Railway Construction Corporation & CRCC-Tongguan Investment) First Quantum Minerals Glencore Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Rio Tinto
Commentary: Canadian Govt.'s enhanced corporate social responsibility strategy requires details for implementation
Author: Josh Scheinert, OpenCanada
"Between Rock and Responsibility," 3 Jun 2016...