Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources)
Headquarters in Canada
Ivanhoe Mines became Turquoise Hill Resources in August 2012. Please see the Turquoise Hill Resources section for items post-August 2012.
Author: Agence Ecofin (Suisse)
"RDC : un premier décès sur le site du projet Kamoa-Kakula", 26 septembre 2019...
- Related companies: Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources)
Africa: Sierra Leone’s cancellation of mining licence raises concerns about a resurgence of resource nationalism across the continent
Author: Henry Sanderson, Harry Dempsey & Neil Munshi, Financial Times
‘Sierra Leone mine dispute raises fears of resource nationalism’ 9 October 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Acacia (formerly African Barrick Gold) Barrick Gold Glencore Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments)
Author: Human Rights Watch, groundWork, Centre for Environmental Rights & Earthjustice
"“We Know Our Lives Are in Danger”: Environment of Fear in South Africa’s Mining-Affected Communities", 16 Apr 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Eskom Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Mineral Resource Commodities (see Mineral Commodities) Transworld Energy and Mineral Resources Turquoise Hill Resources
Mongolia: Herders successfully reach tripartite settlement to remain on heritage land following lawsuit over impact of Oyu Tolgoi mine
Author: Rod Austin, Guardian (UK)
"An example to all': the Mongolian herders who took on a corporate behemoth – and won", 8 Apr 2019...
Assessment of Canada's Natl. Contact Point cases in extractive sector finds it unable to provide effective remedy
Author: Above Ground, MiningWatch Canada, OECD Watch
"'Canada is Back' But Still Far Behind," 15 Nov 2016...
Commentary: Canadian Govt.'s enhanced corporate social responsibility strategy requires details for implementation
Author: Josh Scheinert, OpenCanada
"Between Rock and Responsibility," 3 Jun 2016...
Author: Intl. Council on Mining and Metals
This Guide represents a key milestone on a journey that began for ICMM in 2004, when we started working to support more constructive relationships between Indigenous Peoples and mining companies...based on respect, meaningful engagement and mutual...
- Related stories: Intl. Council on Mining and Metals releases "Good Practice Guide: Indigenous Peoples and Mining"
- Related in-depth areas: Business action
- Related companies: Anglo American Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Buenaventura China Minmetals EnCana Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan Goldcorp Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Newmont OceanaGold Oxiana Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Teck Resources Vale Xstrata (part of Glencore)