Headquarters in USA
Author: Sustainable Apparel Coalition
A group of leading apparel and footwear brands, retailers, manufacturers, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), academic experts, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency today launched the Sustainable Apparel Coalition. The Coalition will work on...
- Related stories: Apparel firms, NGOs, US Environmental Protection Agency launch "Sustainable Apparel Coalition"
- Related companies: adidas Esprit Esquel Gap Hanesbrands J.C. Penney Levi Strauss Li & Fung Marks & Spencer New Balance Nike Nordstrom Otto Patagonia Pentland Group Timberland (part of VF Corp) VF Corp Walmart
Author: Jonathan Birchall, Financial Times
A group of labour rights organisations has accused leading US and European clothing retailers and brands of failing to push for improved safety conditions in factories in Bangladesh, following the latest in a series of fatal fires at factories in the...
- Related stories: Labour rights NGOs say brands should push harder for improved safety conditions in Bangladesh, following factory fire that killed 25 - Gap issues statement
- Related companies: American Eagle Outfitters Carrefour Gap H&M Inditex J.C. Penney Kohl's Sears Target VF Corp Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Munir Uz Zaman, Agence France Presse
A raging fire on Tuesday tore through a huge Bangladeshi garment factory that makes clothes for Western shops including Gap, killing at least 25 workers and injuring 100 more. Many of the dead were killed after they jumped from the building in a...
Author: Kathy Chu and Michelle Yun, USA Today
…Lan Yimin represents the new generation of Chinese factory workers…While she's following in her parents' footsteps on the assembly line, unlike them, she's less willing to…toil away for meager pay and benefits. She has more job options and better...
Author: As You Sow
The report provides detailed, analogous data on supplier standards compliance and initiatives in ten key areas: code of conduct, auditing, remediation, scorecard, preferred suppliers, continuous improvement, purchasing, collaboration, management...
- Related stories: As You Sow report rates US apparel companies' global supply chain compliance programmes - Levi Strauss, Wal-Mart rank top
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance
- Related companies: American Eagle Outfitters Ann Taylor Columbia Sportswear J.C. Penney Jones Group Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Target Under Armour VF Corp
Alianza Fashion: A Test Case for the Guatemalan Government & the Office of the United States Trade Representative
Author: National Labor Committee [US]
Alianza Fashion in Guatemala, with 1,350 workers, sews garments for Briggs New York [for Kellwood], Sag Harbor [for Kellwood], Fashion Bug [for Charming Shoppes], Alfani and JM Collection [for Macy’s]. Forced overtime...[is] the norm...Workers are...
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
April 11 marks the fifth anniversary of the collapse of the Spectrum/Shahriyar Sweater factory in Bangladesh, which killed 64 workers and injured 80...To mark the anniversary of the Spectrum collapse, the CCC, the Maquila Solidarity Network (Canada),...
Author: William Fisher, Truthout
Truthout contributor William Fisher talked with Chip Pitts, one of the world's leading authorities on [Corporate Social Responsibility]. In this interview, Professor Pitts answers key questions…Professor Pitts currently serves as…adviser to the UN...
[Companies, in order of ranking, highest first: Sodexo, Johnson & Johnson, AT&T, Kaiser Permanente, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Marriott International, IBM Corp., Bank of America, Abbott, Verizon Communications, American Express...
- Related stories: USA: DiversityInc 2010 ranking of top 50 companies for diversity - top 5 are Sodexo, Johnson & Johnson, AT&T, Kaiser Permanente, Ernst & Young
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Accenture American Express AT&T Automatic Data Processing Bank of America Blue Cross Cisco Systems Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comerica Cox Communications (part of Cox Enterprises) Cox Enterprises EY (Ernst & Young) Ford Health Care Service IBM J.C. Penney Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Marriott Merck Metlife Novartis PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial SC Johnson Sodexo Starwood Hotels Target Time Warner Toyota Verizon Walt Disney Wellpoint Wells Fargo Xerox