Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Cyprus
The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy & Building and Wood Workers’ International Joint Working Group: 2017 Report
Author: Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy & Building and Wood Workers’ International
...Ensuring the health and safety of the workers building stadiums and infrastructure for the 2022 FIFA World Cup™ is a process that takes commitment and collaboration at all levels. In November 2016, the SC signed a Cooperation Agreement with BWI to...
- Related stories: Qatar: Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy launches Workers' Welfare Standards, initiates internal and external monitoring for 2022 World Cup contracts
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Cimolai FIFA Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) Larsen & Toubro Midmac Porr Salini Impregilo
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (July 2017)
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J.C. Penney Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of RNF Holding) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff
Author: Adrian Bishop, OPP.Today (UK)
A call has gone out for construction companies operating in the Gulf region to “up their game” and protect migrant workers from abusive working arrangements...Business & Human Rights Resource Centre (BHRRC), author of the newly-published Wall of...
- Related stories: International media coverage of our outreach to construction firms on migrant worker rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & responses: Outreach to construction firms in Qatar and the UAE
- Related companies: Atkins Balfour Beatty Carillion Interserve Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) Kier Laing O’Rourke Mace Salini Impregilo SNC-Lavalin Vinci