Business Engagement and Innovations Manager at Friends of the Earth
Purpose of the role
Friends of the Earth makes life better for people by inspiring solutions to environmental problems. You will play a key role in delivering this through guiding a creative and innovative team in developing inspiring offerings for new and existing business and individual supporters. This is central to our Engagement and Fundraising Strategies and key to our success.
In 2012 Friends of the Earth developed a new approach to working with progressive businesses and companies at the ethical end of the spectrum. Through this we aim to reach more people, deliver change through our campaigns, and access commercial and fundraising opportunities which support our work. We now have a small portfolio of relationships and a pipeline of strategic partnerships in development.
In this role you will work across campaigns and programmes to identify and nurture appropriate business relationships whilst leading a team which develops innovative new products and fundraising activities (such as the Great British Bee Count), events, and community fundraising.
Dimensions of the role
As the Business Engagement & Innovation Manager you will:
- provide leadership and direction to the Business Engagement & Innovation programme, with key accountability for maximising income and identifying and nurturing new products and relationships in a sustainable way. Through a sophisticated understanding of our core values and audiences you will steer the team to deliver £1.2m income over the next 3 years.
- empower a highly motivated and talented team, guiding the creativity and innovation to develop inspiring offerings which recognise supporter motivations and engage new and existing corporate and individual supporters in Friends of the Earth campaigns. Diversification lies central to our Fundraising Strategy and has been key to our success in recent years.
- building relationships internally and externally, you’ll need experience of effectively managing diverse stakeholder groups.
- building Friends of the Earth's Thought Leadership position on issues of Corporate Responsibility, working with campaign and programme leads and the communications team to develop and support events, content creation and network building around key themes.
- work collaboratively with the Head of Supporter Gifts & Engagement and Major Partnerships, Individual Giving and Supporter Care Managers to determine the overall fundraising strategy and review progress against targets.
- provide expert advice for cross-organisational projects, work closely with senior campaigns staff to identify and develop strategic corporate partnerships and new fundraising initiatives that are appropriately communicating and supporting our campaigning priorities and liaise with senior managers including Head of Communications, Head of Mobilisation & Activism, Executive Director, Directors and Trustees.
Previous experience of developing leading edge, sustainable corporate partnerships and fundraising initiatives is essential.
Key attributes that we are looking for are:
- Evidence of strategic level thinking and leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of nurturing internal as well as external relationships
- Ability to identify and maximise viable new fundraising propositions
- Skilled relationship fundraiser with experience of developing business-charity partnerships, including winning new business
- Innovation and creativity and an ability to drive diversification
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team with diverse experience
Contract: Full-time, permanent, 35 hours per week
Closing date: 08 Oct 2014 (8:00am)
Location: London, UK
Salary: £34,810 to £39,735. (For part-time hours, the salary is a percentage of that)