Videographers at IISD
The International Institute for Sustainable Development, Reporting Services Division (IISD RS), will be adding several new videographers to its team of freelance consultants that provide coverage of more than 60 sustainable development meetings, multilateral environmental agreements (MEAs), and negotiations worldwide each year as part of the Earth Negotiations Bulletin.
Duties include shooting video interviews and b-roll at meetings, editing video “news” packages and working with a producer for quick turn-around of video pieces. Applicants must have camera and video editing skills, work well under deadline pressure and have some news and editorial experience. Familiarity with sustainable development issues, multilateral negotiations and the United Nations system is strongly preferred. The ability to work well in a team and maintain a professional demeanor in all situations is required.
Please note that these are not full-time positions and applicants should only apply if interested in part-time consulting work. Applicants must be available for work from 1-12 December 2014, in Lima, Peru.
IISD RS is an international organization. Qualified applicants from all countries are encouraged to apply. Since successful applicants will be hired on a consulting basis for meetings held in locations all over the world, we do not require or provide work permits, work visas or relocate consultants who are successful candidates for these freelance positions.
Because of the large number of applicants expected, only those who meet all the requirements and minimum qualifications will be considered and contacted. All applications should include a copy of your resume (Curriculum Vitae), work sample and also a cover letter indicating how you meet each of the general and specific requirements set out below.
Work on the IISD RS video requires long hours, often in small offices with other members of the team. All applicants should be able to work well in small group situations, handle stress and show the highest respect for co-workers even in the most trying moments.
Videographers are paid an honorarium that varies by experience on teams. IISD RS pays all business-related and travel expenses while attending meetings. Most consultants work at between two and eight meetings per year, with between five and sixteen days of work per meeting. Each successful candidate will be required to attend a training session before joining the team at a meeting.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Shoot HD video interviews with broadcast quality sound.
- High level of competency in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects
- Thrives and delivers in a high pressure environment
- Proficient in video encoding, compression, FTP, basic HTML.
- 3-5 years experience shooting and editing “News” style video packages
- Must have her or his own laptop computer, with Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects installed and video and audio gear (including a HD camera preferably a DSLR and a lavaliere microphone).
- Must be able to work well in small groups and have the flexibility to travel to international meetings for periods of up to three weeks at a time.
This position is available immediately. Hours of work are based off of the meeting schedule. IISD RS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit the following to Elizabeth (at) IISD (dot) org with “Videogragher_LASTname_FIRSTname” as subject:
- A link to a reel or portfolio
- A complete chronological resume, including dates of employment.
- The names and contact information for two references.
- A cover letter that includes answers to the following questions:
- How do your experience and talents fit the criteria laid out in the job announcement?
- How did you hear about this position?
- How are you familiar with Climate Change and the UNFCCC process?
Contract: Initial contract 1-12 December 2014,
Closing date: 1800 (6:00pm) GMT on Monday, 13 October 2014
Location: Lima, Peru
Salary: dependent on experience