Consultant – Economy & Peacebuilding at International Alert
Alert is requesting ‘Expression of Interests’ from qualified and experienced specialists available for short and long term assignments.
International Alert is expanding its talent pool to meet the demand of a number of exciting new projects in the area of Economy & Peacebuilding.
In particular, we are looking for people with the following areas of expertise:
- Economic dimensions of violent conflict and peacebuilding
- Political economy of conflict and peace
- Role of the private sector in conflict and peacebuilding, particularly the extractive industries
- Conflict-sensitive business practice
- Company-community relations, particularly in high-risk contexts
- Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
- UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Ability to design and deliver tailored trainings on issues related to economy and peacebuilding
- Ability to conduct research projects on the above listed topics
- Educated to post-graduate degree level (in a relevant subject), you will have significant experience in the area of Economy & Peacebuilding.
- You will have proven experience working as an independent consultant with the ability to deliver high quality results within agreed timeframes.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages is an added advantage – French and Spanish.
Closing date: Monday 25 2014 at 5:00pm (UK time)