Digital Organizer at Corporate Accountability International
Corporate Accountability International, a powerhouse in challenging corporate abuse for more than 35 years, is seeking a Digital Organizer to manage the organization’s growing email advocacy and acquisition program, as well as its web and social media presence. As the Digital Organizer, you will work closely with our talented campaign organizers and development staff to generate grassroots action from activists in each of our campaigns areas and to drive online fundraising.
Corporate Accountability International’s online program has been instrumental in challenging egregious and life-threatening abuses, specifically in the food, water, and tobacco industries. As the Digital Organizer, you will play a key role in increasing the impact of these campaigns by mobilizing our online activists and winning key victories. Most recently, the organization partnered with allies and members across the world to generate grassroots action to halt the corporate-backed Trans-Pacific Partnership, often referred to as “NAFTA on steroids”. We also worked with allies and grassroots activists to stop a landmark water privatization contract in St. Louis that would have allowed the water giant Veolia to profit off of the city’s public water system.
As the Digital Organizer, you will report directly to the Online Director and work closely with staff across the organization, including the Communications Director and Membership Manager. The organization is made up of over 60 smart and driven staff and interns working in a fast-paced and fun working environment with a network of members and allies across the world.
- Organize and implement Corporate Accountability International’s email advocacy and fundraising program.
- Coordinate with organizing staff to increase campaign impact and money raised through online organizing strategies.
- Implement list growth acquisition strategies.
- Manage our email CRM to load, segment, and send email blasts.
- Manage organizational social media strategy and grow the organization’s impact on social media, training key staff on social media best practices.
- Ensure the website is regularly updated with fresh content and troubleshoot technical problems with the website as they arise.
- Stay informed on emerging online technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, trainings, and conferences, implementing best practices for the online program.
- Track, report, and analyze all metrics, using data to inform site and email performance.
- Draft and edit online content across platforms – email, web, blog, and social media.
- Recruit and manage a communications intern.
- Participate in organization-wide planning, fundraising, and campaign activities.
Contract: Not specified
Closing date: Not specified
Location: Boston, USA
Salary: Commensurate with experience