Director of Communications at the EICC
Th Electronics Industry Citizenship Coalition is hiring a Director of Communications
Position: Director of Communications
Reports to: Executive Director
About the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition® (EICC®)
The EICC® is a non-profit organization committed to helping our 100+ international members understand and improve the social and environmental challenges and opportunities in the global electronics supply chain. Our vision is to help our members build an electronics industry supply chain that consistently operates with social, environmental and economic responsibility. We are the premier organization for advancing social and environmental initiatives in the industry. We are currently seeking a Director of Communications for this dynamic and growing organization.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will have the opportunity to play a critical role in positioning the EICC as the key social and environmental responsibility organization in the electronics industry. In this role the successful candidate will own the EICC’s internal and external communications strategy and execution.
The Director of Communications will:
- Update and execute a communications strategy that supports a strong brand and organizational goals
- Develop and implement organizational branding concepts, messaging, positioning and related collateral, leveraging input from staff and members to shape content
- Create and manage a high organizational profile that attracts and engages members, prospects, civil society, government, media, analysts and investors
- Manage and expand an external presence to drive awareness of the EICC through various communications channels including news media, online (EICC websites, social media, etc.) and through EICC-managed and participatory events
- Develop and launch various communications vehicles designed to establish he EICC as a thought leader in supply chain sustainability (e.g., reports, blog series, Twitter chats, webinars, etc.)
- Identify key events and speaking opportunities for the EICC and develop compelling proposals, abstracts and talking points to drive and facilitate selected engagements with key audiences and stakeholders
- Manage all external and internal communications by and for the EICC, including internal communications (e.g., member website, member bulletin, member special briefs, etc.) as well as external communications (e.g., press office function, including media relations, inquiries, press releases, etc.). ￼
- With news media and external parties act as the spokesperson for the EICC, including identifying issue experts within the EICC (staff and/or members) to handle in-depth interviews where required
- Market and promote EICC events
- Develop member promotional materials for prospective members, in coordination with EICC Manager of Member Services
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Desired skills and experience
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with a track record of successful communications while retaining the interest and ability to work on specific internal and external communications projects. The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in communications with an emphasis on education and content expertise. Experience in corporate social responsibility/sustainability communications, the electronics industry and/or human rights preferred
- 3+ years of marketing experience, particularly for events and publications
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute communications campaigns that drive brand recognition and demonstrate thought leadership
- Demonstrated ability to run successful internal communications programs, particularly for global and diverse audiences in multiple languages
- Exceptional writing skills, including for a range of styles (marketing, reports, op- eds, Twitter, etc.), as well as professional editing skills
- Outstanding speaking and personal presentation skills for large and small audiences, including in-person, by broadcast (radio, television) and online (webinars, social media). Discussion moderation/facilitation skills preferred.
- Ability and willingness to play a range of roles from communications strategic advisor to spokesperson to discussion facilitator and adapt quickly in a fast- paced environment
- Outstanding digital communications skills, including ability to manage multiple web properties; experience with content management systems; multi-channel social media content management systems and some HTML. The ideal candidate will stay up-to-date with evolving digital communications platforms and tools and advise the EICC on current best practices for digital communications in line with EICC branding.
- Ability to use standard design and multi-media tools and software including photography (SLR camera), photo editing software, basic graphic design software, basic video and sound editing software, etc.
- Very strong user of Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and PowerPoint
- International work experience and foreign language skills preferred
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in social sciences with a strong emphasis on writing
The EICC office is located in Alexandria, Virginia. Send questions, cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Robert Lederer, Executive Director, [email protected], with ‘Director of Communications’ in the subject line.