Energy and Environment Management Specialist at Kering
A world leader in apparel and accessories, Kering develops an ensemble of powerful Luxury and Sport & Lifestyle brands: Gucci, Bottega Veneta, Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Brioni, Christopher Kane, McQ, Stella McCartney, Sergio Rossi, Boucheron, Dodo, Girard-Perregaux, JeanRichard, Pomellato, Qeelin, Puma, Volcom, Cobra, Electric and Tretorn. By ‘empowering imagination’ in the fullest sense, Kering encourages its brands to reach their potential, in the most sustainable manner. Present in more than 120 countries, the Group generated revenues of €9.7 billion in 2012 and had 33,000 employees at year end. The Kering (previously PPR) share is listed on Euronext Paris (FR 0000121485, KER.PA, KER.FP).
This position is at the sustainability department of Kering corporate, gathering 15 experts on sustainability, composed of two teams: the sustainability programme team and the sustainability operations team. The Energy and Environment Management Specialist is part of the programme team, whose role is to provide operational and technical support to Kering brands to meet their sustainability targets and to design solutions that integrate sustainability opportunities into their products and processes. The Energy and Environment Management Specialist reports to the sustainability programme director.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The Energy and Environment Management Specialist is an internal expert at Kering on energy, water and waste management in processes. His/her scope of actions includes Kering’s supply chain as well as own operations, with a focus on supply chain because this is where most of the environmental impacts occur. The Specialist is in constant interaction with sustainability leads and operational colleagues in the brands. Therefore, developing positive and engaging relationships with them is key to success.
- Further develop the energy and environment strategy across Kering and its brands to reduce the footprint of energy, water consumption and waste production
- For Kering own operations (stores, offices, real-estate, transport…), responsibilities include: managing energy monitoring tools and produce reports on advancement, assisting in global energy purchasing, coordinating waste initiatives in key cities, managing transport initiatives with main freight forwarders and follow-up on results.
- For Kering supply chain (tanneries, mills, fabrics production…), responsibilities include: analysis of supply chain energy efficiency, implementing environmental efficiency projects across the supply chain special with a special focus on tanneries and fabric production, coordinate supply chain energy and Environmental efficiency programmes.
- Help identifying most relevant solutions to our brands for energy / water / waste efficiency. Make the business case for implementation of the identified solutions. Roll-out the solutions with the brands.
- Coordinate internal work groups and manage cross brand initiatives
- Work with other specialists and staff of brands to explore the use of Kering’s Environmental Profit and Loss approach to target areas for action
- Represent Kering in industry organizations
Competencies & Skills
- Technical expertise: ability to have the big vision, as well as going down in the details when needed
- Strong project management skills
- Rigor and strong capability to monitor projects and multi-task on a day to day basis; Strong ability to work autonomously and to proactively drive projects and deadlines
- Adaptability in a multicultural context
- Capacity to influence in a multi-layered, matrix organization
- Fluent in English. Strong working knowledge of either French or Italian is highly appreciated
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Cooperative, flexible, and strong interpersonal skills
Knowledge and Experience
- At least a Master’s Degree or equivalent within relevant practice.
- Experience in fashion / apparel / footwear
- At least 5 year working experience in Sustainability or facility / industrial operations in a technical role
- Experience in managing, internal and external relationships in a complex environment
- Experience with a transversal role in a multi-layered, matrix organization preferred
Please visit the Kering careers website and search for “Energy and Environment Specialist” in the keyword field.