Expert, Responsible Enterprises at the International Labor Organization
International Expert on Sustaining Competitive and Responsible Enterprises
The following are eligible to apply:
- Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 15 and 16 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
This is a Technical Cooperation position therefore the recruitment process falls outside Annex 1 of the ILO Staff Regulations. Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 15 and 16 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates.
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is recruiting an International Expert based in Lima, Peru, to manage the ILO's Sustaining Competitive and Responsible Enterprises (SCORE) Project in Colombia, Peru and Bolivia.
Sustaining Competitive and Responsible Enterprises (SCORE) is a practical training and in-factory counselling programme that improves productivity and working conditions in small and medium enterprises (SMEs). SCORE Training demonstrates best international practice in the manufacturing and service sectors and helps SMEs to participate in global supply chains.
The incumbent reports to the Director of DWT/CO-Lima and works under the direct supervision of the Technical Specialist on SME and Local Economy Development based in DWT/CO-Lima with the technical backstopping of the SME Branch in ENTERPRISES.
Description of Duties
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of the project in Peru, Bolivia and Colombia.
- Develop public private partnerships with multi-national enterprises and other private sector partners and NGOs and support public and private organizations in developing sustainable service delivery models for business development services for SMEs.
- Monitor and evaluate project activities following international best practice.
- Ensure the effective management of funds and budget assigned to the project.
- Manage three project coordinators in the respective countries, including recruitment, performance and talent management aspects.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with donors and mobilize additional funding.
Advanced university degree in Economics, Business Management or a related field in Social Sciences with demonstrated expertise in the field of private sector and small enterprise development.
At least seven years of experience in the field of private sector development at the national level or five years at the international level.
Excellent command of English and Spanish is required.
- Demonstrated experience in applying project cycle management in enterprise development projects and practical knowledge about Monitoring and Evaluation. Ability to provide practical technical advice on how to provide effective business development consulting services to small and medium enterprises;
- Experience in factories and/or processing plants implementing business process improvement initiatives including lean manufacturing or Kaizen, strongly preferred.
- Strong social, organizational and knowledge management skills sufficient for coordinating and managing a project network.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills. Strong client orientation and negotiation skills, aptitude for learning and knowledge sharing, ability to make authoritative judgments and strong relational skills to ensure effective coordination with partners in different sectors and countries.
More information can be found on www.ilo.org/score.
Contract: One year, fixed-term appointment
Closing date: 16 November 2014
Location: Lima, Peru