The Business & Human Rights Resource Centre (“The Resource Centre”), an international non-profit organization tracking the human rights impacts of over 10,000 companies worldwide, is seeking a Finance Officer responsible for financial operational functions.
- Location: UK based with flexible Remote working – occasional & weekly team day in hub in London EC2
- Salary: £33,000-36,000 per year (commensurate with experience), plus 5% pension contribution; 35 hour week; 24 days holiday.
- Contract Type: Open-ended, full time.
- Position report to: International Finance Manager
- Closing Date: 4 December 2022
- Start date: January 2023
- To Apply: Complete and return this application form via our jobs portal. Kindly note that the application form is required; we will not accept CVs. If you need any additional support, please reach out to Giulia Vinzi at [email protected]
The Resource Centre works with partners to put human rights at the core of companies’ business models; to empower communities and workers to secure their rights and gain accountability for abuse; and to encourage governments to create the right regulation and incentives to facilitate these outcomes. We are a global organisation committed to cooperation with diverse actors in our movement. We have more than 80 members of our global team based around the world who work with a wide network of human rights advocates. They are mix of employees, and short- and long-term consultants in many countries, but treated with equity and parity and supported with an effective performance management system. We are currently officially registered in five countries: UK, Germany, USA, Australia, and Colombia.
With our global network of allies, our primary global approaches to deliver this vision are:
- Strengthen organisations and communities to achieve greater equality of power in negotiations, with business and government, to advance their human rights. Use the evidence and data we generate to advocate and influence decision-makers including business, investors and governments
- Strengthen corporate accountability, due diligence and effective remedy for abuse;
- Build transparency of the advances, challenges and abuse of human rights in business.
Specific activities include:
Month End Processing
- Managing month-end accounting, bank reconciliation, balance sheet control account reconciliations, including the monthly payroll journals, monthly journals and accruals and the related control account reconciliations by deadlines.
- Overseeing the overall integrity of all income, expenditure and balance sheet accounting data.
- Managing the payroll inputs in three jurisdiction.
- Managing, processing and administering bank payments: ensuring three entities’ payroll and vendor payments are on time
- Act on improving finance procedures
- Assist international finance manager on Year-end accounting processes and the audit requests
Team and Line Management
- Line manage one finance staff, oversee the works to ensure high quality, reliable financial information
- Work closely with HR to ensure the accurate payroll payment in multiple jurisdictions
- Undertake any other tasks that are appropriate to the post and to reflect the needs of the finance team
- Ensure that policy, Manual and process documentation is up to date and complete
- Keep up to date with changes in accounting standards and policies
- Communicate the changes of financial policies or procedures to other teams of the organization, ensuring that everyone is aware and in compliance with financial policies.
- Answer finance operation related queries from other teams.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of two years proven experience in financial operational role
- Experience of preparing monthly management accounts, including month end processing
- Experience of improvement of the finance systems, and recommend and implement appropriate changes
- Experience with financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP and the charity SORP (FRS102)
- Experience of managing payroll (outsourced)
- Experience of foreign Currency transactions payment and accounting
- Experience of working in international non-profit organization is an advantage
- Knowledge of international accounting e.g. US GAAP & German GAAP and supporting international projects is an advantage
Qualifications and Technical Skills
- Fully or part qualified accountant - CIMA, ACA, ACCA or other generally recognised accountancy qualification.
- Experience as a proficient user of accounting systems (experience of Iplicit is desirable)
- Have excellent data analytical and reconciliation skills
- Have excellent IT skills and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly highly competent in the use of Excel including pivot tables, look up functions and formulae are essential.
- Ability to work in a self-servicing environment and in a small team, proactive with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to make decision/recommendations in the area based on agreed prioritizes with Finance manager, owning and taking responsibility for those decisions
- A commitment to the wider work of Finance team of BHRRC
- Keen eye for details and a high level of accuracy
- Good organization and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Spanish speaking as a bonus
To Apply: Complete and return this application form via our jobs portal. Kindly note that the application form is required; we will not accept CVs. If you need any additional support, please reach out to Giulia Vinzi at [email protected]
The Resource Centre is an equal opportunities employer.