Head of Communications at Fair Trade Intl.
Fairtrade International unites the producer-, market- and business-facing activities within the Fairtrade system. Fairtrade International develops the Fairtrade Standards; promotes the empowerment of Fairtrade-certified producers by supporting them to gain and maintain Fairtrade Certification and capitalize on market opportunities;
and facilitates global Fairtrade markets to optimise benefits for producers. Communications Unit leads on activities to promote and protect Fairtrade standards, policies, goals and/or issues that are international in scope or based in non-member countries.
The Head of Communications is a new position, responsible for leading, facilitating and supporting the delivery of global strategic communications objectives for the Fairtrade. The position will be responsible to:
- Develop an overarching communications plan which ensures that each key audience of Fairtrade stakeholders (producers, traders, consumers, donors, policy makers etc) are being appropriately serviced through excellent communications, whether via Fairtrade International or via its members;
- Protect the Fairtrade brand through proactive positioning and institutionalized reputational risk management;
- Support members (North and South) through building communications capacity;
- Ensure a regular flow of quality internal information to Fairtrade members;
- Closely working with the Head of Brand and brand team, deliver global communications materials and positioning opportunities in line with Fairtrade brand strategy and support global brand positioning through the delivery of consistent messaging strategies;
- Identify and create synergies of global communications work that enable members to make most efficient use of existing resources - advocate culture of lean but effective global communication.
PRINCIPAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure articulation of Fairtrade’s desired image and positioning, via consistent communications throughout the Fairtrade system, and to key audiences of internal and external stakeholders;
- Maintain relationships and work closely with the Producer Networks, Fairtrade International producer support staff, technical advisors and Monitoring and Evaluation staff, ensure developments in Fairtrade are consistently ‘translated’ into appropriate communications vehicles and disseminated across the system;
- Develop and support global media risk management strategies, working closely within the framework of Fairtrade’s wider risk management framework. Act as a spokesperson with the media when appropriate;
- Support members on communications crisis management and response;
- Leading on improvement of methodologies, processes, tools and formats used;
- Promote synergies and pro-actively reduce duplication of communications material used by member organizations.
Capacity Building and Support of Fairtrade members in communications
- Support newer markets and producer networks to build communications and media competencies, knowledge of Fairtrade, and develop communications programmes within a global framework, appropriate to local specificities;
- Lead and execute projects and events as assigned.
People & Team Management
- Maintain and further develop an effective and motivated communications team;
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop and guide personnel;
- Ensure effective management of staff and maintain well-being of the team;
- Effectively enable staff so they can take action on behalf of Fairtrade International by:
- transmitting Fairtrade’s values, vision and ambition;
- respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and insights of staff;
- providing direction and resources, removing barriers and helping develop staff skills;
- articulating expectations and clarifying roles and relationships.
Planning and Budgeting
- Deliver on short- and long-term plans and budgets for the communications programme and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance;
- Keep informed of developments and innovations in the fields of communications and new media. Use this information to inform strategy and actions in the area of Communications;
- Undertake other tasks that are consistent with the level and responsibilities of this post.
- Degree in Communications, International Development, International Relations, International Human Rights Law or similar field appropriate to Fairtrade. Masters level preferred.
Knowledge/Job Specific Competencies
- Seven years’ experience working at a senior level in a communications role, including responsibility for developing and implementing organizational communications strategies;
- Proven track record in media relations, and specifically in crisis media handling at a senior level;
- Proven track record in line management and developing teams and staff members;
- Desired: In-depth knowledge/experience of one or more of the following: the fair trade movement and its role and impact in promoting development; International development issues; Human Rights, especially pertaining to international supply chains; Ethical trade or social corporate responsibility.
Professional Skill Requirements(demonstrable strengths required in the following areas)
- Demonstrable ability to drive forward work on own initiative and decision-making including priority setting;
- Experience in the management of complex, multi-stakeholder working and project delivery to time and to budget;
- Overall management skills to include: operational planning and team management, proposal development and budget management;
- Managing and motivating teams to achieve targets and the ability to manage change;
- Languages: Fluency in English essential; writing skills to native level. Spanish, French and other relevant languages strongly preferred.
Contract: Full-time, one-year contract
Closing date: 8th September 2014
Location: Bonn, Germany