Internship at BSR
BSR 2014 Nordic Internship Program
BSR is seeking a talented student professional enrolled in a leading Master’s Degree program in business administration, political science, or related fields of study to join BSR’s newly established Nordic Office in Copenhagen, Denmark. The ideal candidate exhibits analytical thinking, curiosity, a passion for sustainability and development issues, and has the qualities of a solutions-driven client advisor.
Internship candidate should have a strong interest in working with companies, NGOs and governments in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region to integrate sustainability into business strategies, develop collaborative projects across institutions and work with bi- and multilateral development institutions, to further our mission to create a just and sustainable world.
Responsibilities will include research, analysis, communications, and direct client work. The intern will be involved daily in helping address current business challenges and contribute solutions to some of today’s most important global issues. The intern will split his/her time between BSR Advisory Services work (60%), assisting the partnership development and research team which works with bi- and multilateral development institutions (30%), and office administration duties (10%). The position is based in Copenhagen, yet the candidate is expected to be able to support EMEA staff in the Paris office.
The internship is for a period of 6 months beginning on September 1st, 2014 (or soon thereafter). Flexible work hours is a possibility.
- Research & Analysis: Managing and/or conducting primary and secondary research on a broad spectrum of market, stakeholder, and policy issues, and rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis of empirical data.
- Industry experience: Rotation of activities across several industry sectors and issues.
- Writing and Communications: Preparing and/or editing written reports and briefs targeted at a business audience and developing and delivering written and oral presentations.
- BSR Strategy: Supporting the identification of new opportunities and research platforms. Participating in thought leadership and AS management.
- Operations: Planning and execution of office-base marketing and research events as well as general office support and administration
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, strong academic and professional record, and current enrollment in a top-tier business administration, political science, or similar graduate level program.
- Professional Experience: Relevant work experience. Demonstrated success in business strategy and organizational leadership.
- Skills: Exceptional writing, research, communication, presentation, organization, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Languages: Excellent English speaking and writing skills. Ability to work in Danish or Swedish is desirable.
Compensation and Experiential Advantages
The position will offer compensation competitive with internships at other non-profit management consulting organizations. Your school may offer supplemental or matching funds for qualifying non-profit internship opportunities.
By working with BSR as an intern, participants will have many rewarding experiences such as:
- Working with our network of 8 offices globally and being involved in international projects with a worldwide team;
- Engaging directly with all levels of staff and in decision making experiences;
- Learning 2-3 different sustainability issue areas;
- Receiving experience-based learning within real projects and challenges that involve client interaction, business development, and project tasks.
Contract: six months, Flexible work hours is a possibility.
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark