Programme & Community Engagement Lead at Impact Hub Islington
An opportunity has come up to assist one of London’s most innovative local authorities on the field of enterprise development. Urban design & strategy practice, Architecture 00, and social enterprise community pioneer, Impact Hub Islington, have been commissioned by Westminster City Council to support the design and test of an enterprise support programme focusing on North Westminster.
Key deliverables of the work include:
- An 3 year enterprise programme proposal for Westminster
- An implementation plan for year 1 programme testing activities to support the longer term enterprise programme proposal
- A campaign to support the year 1 programme testing activities
00 and Impact Hub Islington will be working together to deliver this project. The Programme & Community Engagement Lead will be joining a small but dedicated team with backgrounds in urban geography, social enterprise, business development, and design.
We’re looking for a part-time role to assist us in delivering this project. The scope of work will include, but not be limited to:
- Proactively engage and build innovative partnerships with Westminster enterprise support organisations, local groups, and residents
- Event coordination and organization of 4 x enterprise programme testing activities over summer / autumn 2014 on the themes of food, making, young people, and accessible enterprise support.
- Assist in delivery of an enterprise campaign
- Assist in programme activities evaluation and synthesis of results to feed into 3 year enterprise strategy proposal
We’re looking for an outgoing and proactive individual with a track record of high quality community engagement and events management, as well as an ability to project manage and adopt an innovative and entrepreneurial attitude to outreach, partnership building, and stakeholder engagement. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in innovative enterprise support.
More specifically, the ideal candidate…
- Has experience with local economic development, enterprise support or community engagement and in working with local authorities
- Has experience organizing and delivering high quality events
- Has experience designing and delivering high quality campaigns, including experience in communications or PR
- Is a social media whiz (including Facebook, Twitter, WordPress)
- Is adept at using MS word and excel
- Can keep a strategic overview and deal positively with unexpected challenges
- Is familiar with or based in North Westminster (Church Street & Paddington Green; Westbourne Green; Tollgate Gardens).
Contract: Part-time contract, 4 days per week for 5 months
Closing date: 24 July 2014
Location: London, UK
Salary: £24,000 - 26,000 / annum pro rata