Project Officer at DCAF
DCAF’s Public-Private Partnerships Division is seeking to recruit a full-time Project Officer. This is a project-funded position with an initial duration of 9 months.
DCAF’s Business and Security Sector Reform (SSR) programme promotes innovative public-private partnerships that bring together the private sector, states, international organisations and civil society organisations to promote security, development and the protection of human rights. Responsibilities for this position principally involve the implementation and further development of DCAF’s activities in this field with a particular emphasis on applied research and its translation into practical tools.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Excellent understanding of the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights, the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and the International Code of Conduct for Private Security Service Providers
- Detailed knowledge of human rights, International Humanitarian Law, business and human rights issues and multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Experience in developing practical and analytical guidance (such as handbooks, toolkits and training modules)
- Familiarity with security sector reform / security sector governance
- Experience in project development, implementation and management
- Excellent research abilities, including field research
- Demonstrated ability to draft, review and edit texts
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Effective interpersonal / team-working skills
- Ability to work in an international environment with diverse stakeholders
- Fluency in English is essential, French and/or Spanish highly desirable
- Advanced university degree in international relations, international law, or related field
- Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit
Candidates meeting the qualifications are invited to e-mail their CV with a covering letter to:
Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF)
Ms Margaux Duverney
E-mail: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is 12 January 2015
Please note that only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.