Researcher at Ergon Associates
We are looking for a highly motivated Researcher to contribute to our client-focused research and policy programme. This is an ideal position for someone wanting to develop a career in the labour and employment dimensions of international development and human rights.
Projects you could expect to work on range from analysing businesses’ impacts on human rights, gender and labour markets and assessing freedom of association in practice, through to researching living wage levels, working conditions in particular sectors and countries, and profiling corporate ethical trade activities.
- Working closely with senior staff to develop and apply research methodologies
- Drafting sections of research reports, country profiles.
- Designing and coordinating research databases and undertaking quantitative analysis
- Analysing and drafting summaries of complex legal and policy documents
- Undertaking field research and interviewing stakeholders as necessary
- Where necessary, providing administrative support on projects including: document management, organising meetings with clients and others, making travel arrangements
- Accompanying directors and senior consultants at meetings, contributing to presentations.
- Some domestic and / or international travel (less than 10% of time), where required by project commitments
Contract: Full time
Closing date: 9am Monday 27th October 2014
Location: London, UK
Salary: £24,600, 25 days holiday plus public holidays, discretionary bonus and company health plan.