Senior Human Rights & International Development Analyst
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Human Rights & International Development Analyst with knowledge and experience of human rights and societal risks and the associated risks and responsibilities relating to business.
Maplecroft is a leading source of human rights risk intelligence for both the business and non-profit communities. The successful candidates will be working on one of our flagship research projects, the Human Rights Risk Atlas 2014, plus contributing to tailored in-depth reports and consultancy projects for some of the world's leading companies, Foundations and UN organisations and NGOs.
Assignments may include:
- The identification, research and analysis of global, regional and country-specific human rights risks
- The writing of briefings, reports and articles on human rights risk to business relating to countries, companies and sectors
- Identification of key stakeholder organisations in the area of human rights and business
- The development of indices, indicators and maps to illustrate global, national and sub-national human rights risk
- Client-specific consultancy on relevant human rights risk management
- Identification and analysis of human rights dilemmas for business
- Rating of companies in terms of their management of human rights risk exposures and responsibilities
Excellent research and strong interpersonal communications skills are essential, along with advanced IT skills and demonstrable proficiency in the full Microsoft Office suite. Candidates should also have strong quantitative analytical skills and superior writing and presentation skills.
Applicants should have a Masters degree or PhD in a relevant subject and at least 2-3 years' relevant practical experience in risk consulting, human rights research or similar.
The position will require an ability to manage time effectively and work under time pressure. Applicants should be innovative and creative and comfortable working in an interdisciplinary, multi-cultural team with formal peer review.
The role is based in Maplecroft's Bath offices. We are not looking for freelance consultants, only employees; so, please do not apply if you do not meet our criteria.
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Closing date: rolling; position will close when filled
Location: Bath, UK
Salary: commensurate with experience