Senior Manager, Sustainability Services at Deloitte
Sustainability services is an established service line within Audit Advisory and delivers services that support a wide range of UK and global clients identify, manage and report against their key environmental, social and economic risks and opportunities.
The UK sustainability services team responds with enthusiasm to a mix of assurance and consulting sustainability challenges; calling on our team of experts to use their knowledge and expertise to work together to deliver market-leading value for our clients.
Our services focus on delivering assurance and consulting solutions to corporate clients, government and civil society organisations in relation to their sustainability practices, performance and positioning through.
As a Senior Manager/Manager in the team you will have responsibility for:
- Understanding client needs and translation of these into clearly defined and deliverable advisory or assurance scopes of work;
- Managing delivery of sustainability / CR assurance and/or advisory projects from scoping to delivery;
- Providing independent assurance on public reports to ISAE3000 or other technical assurance standards;
- Assisting clients with the identification of stakeholders, risks and opportunities; and
- Inputting to the implementation of programmes such as for business ethics, and sustainability change management.
Strong candidates for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven record in business development, preferably in sustainability / CR assurance and sustainability / CR consulting;
- Preference for sustainability / CR consulting experience and ability to think creatively to solve client needs;
- Experience of building and managing relationships with senior stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills proven through extensive report/proposal writing experience;
- Experience within the "Big 4" , Blue chip organisation or sustainability / CR consultancy or assurance provider;
- Strong academics, including a minimum of 2.1 degree or equivalent in a related e.g. environmental management, science field or post graduate study;
- Particular subject matter knowledge in sustainability / CR such as Integrated Reporting, GRI, health and safety, human rights; and /or specific industry knowledge in consumer business, energy and resources/utilities or extractive industries;
- Ability to manage teams to deliver engagements on time and to budget;
- Experience of managing and delivering sustainability / CR assurance engagements for large companies;
- Experience of developing junior staff and mentoring team members; and
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Contract: Full time
Location: London, UK