Sustainability Analyst at Hyatt
Support Corporate Responsibility Department in advancing Hyatt’s environmental stewardship platform across Hyatt hotels globally. The individual’s responsibilities will include working closely with corporate and regional engineering teams to analyze and report global, regional and hotel level sustainability data; research sustainability and industry trends and benchmark company performance relative to these trends; assist in the development of internal and external communication materials, including the company’s annual corporate responsibility and CDP reports; work closely with key departments across the company to further company’s corporate responsibility goals; developing and maintaining training materials and other processes and procedures that provide support, structure, accountability and transparency into company’s progress toward sustainability goals and commitments.
Under direct supervision, assists in research, writing, and analytic input for corporate sustainability programs and projects. Methods utilized range from interviews and desk research of technical information to analysis of survey research data. This individual will assist in monitoring trends in environmental science, renewable resources, sustainable work processes, and other diverse fields; research traditional sources for new data sets, key reports, and analytic proceedings; explore alternative media, early adopters, and unconventional indicators to support corporate benchmarking and environmental regulatory compliance efforts.
- Actively monitor environmental sustainability database and help ensure quality and comprehensiveness of the data collected from global hotels. For the first several months, this will also include ensuring the smooth migration to a new database platform and adaptation of new processes by corporate and regional administrative users and global owned, managed, and franchised hotels.
- Synthesize and analyze environmental and corporate responsibility data to help drive performance and for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Support the execution of Hyatt’s 2020 environmental stewardship strategy through tasks including the coordination of performance indicators and communication with regions and functional areas. Responsibility will also include benchmarking best practices and performance across hospitality and other industries.
- Support Hyatt’s responsible seafood program by managing the data audit processes, coordinating regional status meetings and monitoring progress toward goals.
- Support the development and publication of Hyatt’s GRI and CDP reports by developing content, preparing supporting data, managing the timeline with vendors and internals stakeholders, and providing recommendations.
- Manage content of internal communication platforms, including Hyatt’s intranet, internal CR social networking site, newsletters, and hotel awards. Focus will be on highlighting environmental sustainability best practices from hotels around the world.
- Identify new and creative ways to engage global Green Teams/Thrive Teams and colleagues around environmental sustainability, and help ensure appropriate training and communication materials are available to drive awareness and action. Actively participate in the corporate office Thrive Team.
- Provide ongoing departmental support around data management, communication, research, and program implementation.
- More than three years of experience in environmental sustainability
- Working knowledge of Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), Greenhouse Gas Protocol and other international standards.
- Understanding of and experience navigating key principles related to green buildings, Life Cycle Assessment, sustainable seafood, and other environmental management topics.
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing and analyzing data, data management using Excel or other tools.
- Experience working on multi-stakeholder reports.
- Experience developing communication materials for engaging a broad audience.
- International experience is a plus.
- Bachelor Degree in environmental studies or related field, Master’s degree is a plus.
- High level of proficiency Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Additional Skills and Requirements
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, as well as to listen and communicate effectively to different groups of audience.
- Ability to research, think critically, and quickly acquire knowledge about new topics.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent project management and time management skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Please visit the Hyatt careers website.