Tech Support Test Analyst at EIRIS - Empowering Responsible Investment
EIRIS is a leading global provider of the research used by investors and financial institutions to assess the social, environmental, governance and ethical performance of companies.
We are looking for an outstanding Test Analyst ideally with some experience in the field of functional application testing. You will be working within a small friendly team which has responsibility for development of in-house systems as well as our bespoke software product EIRIS Global Platform. Your role will primarily be focused on the testing of applications developed by the development team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Conducting functional testing on new and updated systems, ensuring the appropriate quality of deliverables.
- Undertake all system test related activities for new and updated systems.
- Using test plans to ensure functionality meets user requirements.
- Liaise with key stakeholders or developers to ensure application functionality is as expected.
- Recording bugs and issues identified in a reliable and reproducible manner.
- Ensuring that project testing is being recorded and documented and time spent is recorded accurately.
- Focusing on quality of systems and deliverables through rigorous testing practices.
- Ensure compliance with software policies and processes; participate in software quality control and software process improvement activities.
- Suggesting enhancements of current processes to the benefit of quality.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent attention to detail and a commitment to quality in all aspects.
- Good at analysing and diagnosing issues, and providing options for solving the issue.
- Conscientious, self-motivated and gain job satisfaction from staying with tasks until they are completed.
- Able to communicate technical issues effectively to the developers involved.
The role is primarily involved in application testing; however there will be the opportunity to expand further during quiet periods, where you will find opportunities to investigate potential improvements to processes, new hardware or software and potentially be involved in various other IT projects.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Monday 1st September 2014
Interviews will be held on Monday 8th September 2014