John Deere (Deere & Co)
Response rate: 100%
(click here for an explanation)
USA: Deere and Caterpillar kept facilities running during the pandemic thanks to improved safety policy negotiated with unions
Author: Reuters with mining.com
"How Deere, Caterpillar kept plants running during the coronavirus outbreak", 7 May 2020....
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Caterpillar John Deere (Deere & Co)
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
Brazil: 86 NGOs write to business partners & investors of Vale, raising concerns about human rights violations related to the Brumadinho dam disaster
[To read this story in Portuguese, click here] Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited 21 companies to respond to letters from 86 organizations from across the world raising concerns about the impacts and human rights violations related to...
Author: Diario Responsable
“Gas Natural, Mapfre y Vodafone son las tres empresas de referencia en la seguridad y salud laboral en España” - 12 de febrero de 2018...
Author: Han Chen, NRDC
The Industrial Energy Consumers of America sent a letter to Trump on May 15, expressing their support for withdrawal from Paris. In their letter, they claimed to represent large member companies with over $1 trillion in annual sales.... [yet] many of...
- Related stories: Members of US business org IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Air Products Archer Daniels Midland Ash Grove Cement Bristol-Myers Squibb Celanese Cliffs Natural Resources Corning Domtar FMC Formosa Plastics Gerdau Guardian Industries Incitec Pivot John Deere LafargeHolcim Linde Group Marathon Oil Molson Coors National Gypsum Owens-Illinois United States Steel
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Emily Chasan, Wall Street Journal blog
The U.S. government finally acknowledged Friday it cannot determine which refiners and smelters around the world are financially fueling violence in the war-torn Congo region.The Commerce Department published a list of more than 400 sites from...
Author: Cedar Rapids Television Company
A...woman who claims she was subjected to racial slurs by co-workers...[and] threats to quit her job at Deere & Co., has filed a discrimination lawsuit against the company...[She] said racial slurs were painted on her work locker at the Deere plant...
The World's Most Ethical (WME) Companies designation recognizes companies that truly go beyond making statements about doing business "ethically" and translate those words into action. WME honorees not only promote ethical business standards and...
- Related companies: Accenture Adobe Systems AFLAC Alcoa Alyeska Pipeline American Express Applied Materials Aramark BD (Becton, Dickinson) Best Buy Blue Cross British Land Carnival Cement Roadstone Holdings (CRH) Cisco Systems Co-operative Group Colgate-Palmolive Costco Cummins Deere & Co (see John Deere) Eaton eBay Ecolab Electrolux EnCana Equinor (formerly Statoil) Fluor Ford Freescale Semiconductor Gap General Electric (GE) Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Henkel Henry Schein Hitachi Holland America Line (part of Carnival) Honeywell Intel International Paper John Deere (Deere & Co) Johnson Controls Juniper Networks Kao Kellogg Kesko Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants L'Oreal ManpowerGroup Marks & Spencer Marriott Microsoft Millea Milliken National Australia Bank National Grid Natura Nippon Yusen KK (NYK Line) NiSource NYSE Euronext Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Parsons Patagonia Paychex PepsiCo Philips (Royal Philips Electronics) Portugal Telecom Progressive Insurance Rabobank Ricoh Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Salesforce.com SCA Schneider Electric Seabourn Cruise Line (part of Carnival) Sempra Energy Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) Sompo Japan Sonae Standard Chartered Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Stora Enso Swiss Re Symantec Target Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters Timberland (part of VF Corp) Time Warner Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Umicore UPS Vestas Wind Systems VF Corp Waste Management Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Wipro Xerox