John Lewis Partnership
John Lewis Partnership website: www.johnlewispartnership.co.uk
New report looks at reporting progress under the UK Modern Slavery Act; finds need for better enforcement
Author: Ergon Associates
"Modern slavery reporting: Is there evidence of progress?", October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: Aldi Alphabet Apple ASOS Associated British Foods Balfour Beatty British American Tobacco Co-operative Group Google (part of Alphabet) Intel InterContinental Hotels John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Marshalls Morrisons Nestlé Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rio Tinto Sainsbury's Standard Chartered Ted Baker Tesco TSB Walgreen Whistles
Days after IPCC report, 30 U.K. companies commit to dedicating hundreds of millions of pounds to addressing climate change
Author: Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, UK Government
"Top businesses across the UK have today announced significant pledges worth hundreds of millions of pounds to tackle climate change, marking the government’s first ever Green GB & NI Week....
- Related stories: International scientific body report on climate change warns of need to act now to prevent catastrophic impacts of climate change
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: Admiral Group Amazon.com Barratt Developments Coca-Cola Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu EDF Hargreaves Lansdown HSBC John Lewis Partnership KPMG Lidl Tesco
M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, Next & Sainsbury’s among UK retailers yet to renew safety deal in Bangladesh factories
Author: Sarah Butler, The Guardian (UK)
Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, Debenhams, Next and Sainsbury’s are among a group of British retailers yet to join international rivals in renewing their commitment to a factory safety deal in Bangladesh....
Supermarkets refuse to share plastic footprint, says Guardian amid growing health concerns over plastic found in tap water
Author: Sandra Laville and Matthew Taylor, The Guardian (UK)
As concern over the scale of unnecessary plastic waste grows, the Guardian asked Britain’s eight leading supermarkets to explain how much plastic packaging they sell to consumers and whether they would commit to a plastic-free aisle in their stores....
Author: Kate Hodal & Peter Bengtsen, Guardian (UK)
"John Lewis and Habitat withdraw granite worktops over slavery concerns," 3 September 2017...
Author: CORE, Anti-Slavery International, Unicef UK, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This particular briefing draws on CORE’s and BHRRC’s analysis of 83 slavery and human trafficking statements in February 2016, BHRRC’s October 2016 review of FTSE 100 company reports; and Ergon Associates’ research on company statements up to May 20...
- Related stories: 4 short briefings released for businesses & investors on reporting requirements under UK Modern Slavery Act
- Related in-depth areas: Modern Slavery Registry powered by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: AB InBev UK (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) ASOS British Land British Sky Broadcasting Burberry Debenhams Experian John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Legal & General Investment Management Marks & Spencer Mothercare Nando's National Grid Nationwide Building Society Nintendo Renault Vodafone Wockhardt
Author: Ruth Wyatt, Caterer (UK)
"Calls for hospitality industry to join businesses against pregnancy in workplace discrimination", 6 Jan 2017...
Rainforest Foundation & Ethical Consumer Magazine guide ranks companies with palm oil products based on sustainability
Author: Rainforest Foundation UK
"Palm Oil Guide," Apr 2016...
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Avon Beiersdorf Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Boots (now Alliance Boots) Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Co-operative Group Colgate-Palmolive Ecover Estée Lauder Ferrero Green & Black's (part of Cadbury) Greggs Grupo Clarin Iceland (part of the Big Food Group) John Lewis Partnership Johnson & Johnson Kellogg L'Oreal Lavera Lotte E&C Lush Marks & Spencer Mars Mondelēz International Morrisons Nestlé PepsiCo Premier Foods Procter & Gamble PZ Cussons Reckitt Benckiser Revlon Sainsbury's SC Johnson Tesco Thorntons Unilever United Biscuits Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Weleda
Author: Neil Atkinson, Huddersfield Daily Examiner (UK)
"Slave workforce: Kozee Sleep bed factory owner Mohammed Rafiq jailed for people trafficking after forcing Hungarians to live in squalor and work 80 hour weeks for £10", 12 Feb 2016...