Johnson & Johnson
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Goldcorp Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Author: Rádio Francesa Internacional (RFI)
"Johnson & Johnson é condenada a pagar multa bilionária por dissimular amianto em talco da marca", 13 de julho de 2018...
- Related companies: Johnson & Johnson
USA: Johnson & Johnson ordered to pay $4.7bn in lawsuit alleging talcum powder caused ovarian cancer
"Johnson & Johnson to pay $4.7bn damages in talc cancer case", 13 July 2018...
Canada: Judge allows class action lawsuit alleging Johnson & Johnson talcum powder caused cancer to proceed
Author: Kristin Compton, Drug Watch (USA)
"Talc Ovarian Cancer Class Action OK’d in Canada, U.S. Lawsuits Continue", 22 May 2018...
USA: Rise in opioids deaths leads state officials to file claims against drug firms and distributors
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Corporations increasingly vocal on social issues but still mostly lobbying for lower taxes - Oxfam America report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon)
USA: Jury awards $37 mln to couple in lawsuit alleging Johnson & Johnson products containing talcum powder caused lung cancer
Author: Jen Christensen, CNN (USA)
"New Jersey couple awarded $37 million in talcum powder case", 6 April 2018...
USA: Companies pull advertisements from Fox News television host Laura Ingraham's program after she insulted Parkland school shooting survivor
Author: Kevin Breuninger, CNBC
"Advertisers - including TripAdvisor, Nestle, Wayfair and Hulu - are dumping Laura Ingraham after she slammed Parkland survivor," 29 March 2018...
USA: New York City files lawsuit against opioid manufacturers & distributors in relation to deadly epidemic
[Also refers to Cardinal Health, Cephalon, Endo, Watson]