J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase)
Headquarters in USA
Author: Judy Kuszewski, Ethical Corporation
Ethical Corporation has just published a new feature analysis on ‘How sustainability affect the way the finance sector views opportunities in extractives?’...We have analysed the financial pressures that oil, gas and mining companies face from three...
Author: Naomi Fowler, Tax Justice Network
In the December 2013 Taxcast: the clock is ticking for Swiss banks, OECD countries are failing to collect enough information on the real owners of companies, and the Taxcast looks at tax and human rights: lawyers have escaped public scrutiny of their...
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
These are examples of significant company contributions to humanitarian aid through 13 November 2013. This is not a comprehensive list, and we will keep adding items as we find them. [refers to Aboitiz, ABS-CBN, Air Asia Zest, Air21, Apple, Google,...
Author: Claes Cronstedt (International corporate lawyer)
This memo presents some ideas on how to make effective use of existing legislations including customary international law to combat the most serious human rights violations ...to create an international tribunal on business & human rights..., which...
- Related stories: Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Barclays Chevron Coca-Cola Credit Suisse ExxonMobil Gap General Motors IBM J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Nike Polo Ralph Lauren PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Shell Texaco (part of Chevron) Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) UBS Unocal (part of Chevron)
The Price of Steel: Human Rights and Forced Evictions in the POSCO-India Project - and company responses
In June 2013, ESCR-Net and the International Human Rights Clinic (IHRC) at NYU School of Law launched the following report: “The Price of Steel: Human Rights and Forced Evictions in the POSCO-India Project” As well as raising specific concerns about P...
France's Representative Council of Black Associations (CRAN) announced it will launch a lawsuit against the bank CDC (Caisse des depots) on Monday over its role in the slave trade in general and events surrounding Haitian independence in particular…...
- Related stories: Une ONG poursuit la Caisse des Dépôts devant la justice française pour avoir profité de l’esclavage & « avoir précipité Haïti dans une spirale de misère »
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase)
Author: Ben Bland, Financial Times
As construction workers put the finishing touches to a waste water pipeline at the hilltop [of G-Resource's] Martabe gold mine in North Sumatra, dozens of police and soldiers...keep close watch nearby...[M]ore than a thousand residents tried to storm...
J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) did not respond to: Tax Justice Network alleges 16 banks aid the rich to avoid taxes, leading to the flow of capital out of developing countries.
- Related stories: Tax Justice Network reports 2012 - responses & non-responses by banks
- This is a non response from the following companies: J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase)
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited the following companies, teams and organizations to respond to…[human rights] concerns about the race. Below are the responses we have received, and an indication of which companies and organizations...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre press release: Only 29% of Formula One companies respond to human rights concerns Protests over the Bahrain Grand Prix 2012 Sponsors of Formula One "have been left squirming" after Bahrain Grand Prix goes ahead amid human rights concerns Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Alpinestars Caterham Caterham F1 Team (part of Caterham) CNBC (part of Comcast) CNN (part of Time Warner) Comcast Cosworth CVC Capital Partners Deutsche Post Diageo Falcon Private Bank (part of International Petroleum Investment Company) Ferrari Force India Formula One Group Hackett J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Microsoft NEC Petronas Reebok (part of adidas) Renault Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) UB Group Valentino Visa Inc. Vodafone Williams Companies