J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase)
Headquarters in USA
Author: Jane Croft, Financial Times
JPMorgan did not discriminate against a banker who worked reduced hours after injuring his back in a skiing accident, the Court of Appeal was told…The US investment bank is appealing against an earlier employment tribunal ruling relating to Russell...
Author: Times News Network [India]
The Times of India has decided to institute 'The Times of India Social Impact Awards', in partnership with J P Morgan, to acknowledge and honour these unsung heroes of India…. Awards will help focus greater attention on five critical spheres:...
Author: Mary Dowell-Jones (University of Nottingham Human Rights Law Centre) & David Kinley (University of Sydney)
The work to develop the ‘protect, respect and remedy’ Framework…together with its ‘operationalising’ Guiding Principles, has coincided with one of the worst financial crises to hit the global economy and financial system in many decades. The social...
- Related in-depth areas: Finance UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: Citigroup J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase
Author: Amy Kazmin, Financial Times
…New Delhi rejected plans by London-listed Vedanta Resources to mine bauxite from a mountain sacred to a primitive tribe in eastern India,…Jairam Ramesh, the environment minister, insisted that the decision was based strictly on law…That was called...
- Related stories: Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re Dongria Kondh in Orissa)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Vedanta Resources
Stonewall’s sixth Workplace Equality Index, the basis for the Stonewall Top 100 Employers 2010, is the definitive national benchmarking exercise showcasing Britain’s top employers for lesbian, gay and bisexual (LGB) staff…The 25-question index survey...
- Related stories: UK: NGO Stonewall names 100 most gay friendly employers - IBM tops ranking
- Related in-depth areas: Recent NGO reports
- Related companies: Accenture American Express Aviva Barclays Co-operative Group Credit Suisse Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ernst & Young Ford Goldman Sachs Herbert Smith Freehills (formerly Herbert Smith) IBM J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Morgan Stanley National Grid PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Royal Bank of Scotland
Author: Carola Hoyos, Financial Times
Rothschild…and Freshfields…have become the first UK businesses to say they “greatly regret” their links with slavery. The acknowledgments and expressions of regret came after the Financial Times published previously unexamined documents showing that N...
Author: Mark Cobley, Wealth Bulletin
Several banks [including Citigroup, JP Morgan and Bank of America Merrill Lynch] are cutting back their analysis of companies’ socially responsible policies…However, investor representatives said they were seeing a “mixed picture” emerging in banks’...
Vigeo’s reference model is based on criteria drawing together international objectives for social responsibility…In this paper we only consider findings analysed under the Human Rights Domain…25% of the UK companies do not address human rights issues...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti AstraZeneca BAE Systems Barclays BHP Billiton BP G4S GlaxoSmithKline HSBC J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nedbank Old Mutual Reckitt Benckiser Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Serco Shell Standard Chartered Tesco Unilever Vigeo Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Gloria Helena Rey Rodríguez, Portafolio [Colombia]
Con apoyo de ONG norteamericana Amazon Watch, dos líderes se reunieron con representantes del JP Morgan y con una docena de entidades financieras para solicitarles que no compren acciones [de Ecopetrol]. "La empresa está violando los derechos indígenas...