J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase)
Headquarters in USA
The [Workplace Equality] Index measures 20 criteria covering policy and practice—from having a non-discrimination policy promoted to all staff that includes sexual orientation to...supporting a lesbian and gay employee network group...On 17 January...
- Related stories: Top 100 British employers of lesbian, gay & bisexual staff for 2006 - top 10 include: IBM, Accenture, BT, Credit Suisse First Boston, JP Morgan
- Related companies: Accenture Aviva Barclays BT Citigroup Credit Suisse Goldman Sachs HSBC IBM J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Lehman Brothers Millivres Prowler Group Morgan Stanley Nationwide Building Society Pfizer PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble UBS
One Year On: Global Compact Maps Progress on Mainstreaming ESG [environmental, social, governance] Considerations
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
Two recent reports [UN Global Compact's "Who Cares Wins: One Year On" & "Investing for Long-Term Value" by UN Global Compact, IFC, Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs] paint a vivid picture of developments over the past year on integrating...
Report Indicts Vedanta Resources for Flagrant Human Rights, Environmental Violations [in India] - Counter Report Challenges Vedanta at August 3 London Shareholders Meeting
Author: India Resource Center & Nostromo Research
A new report published today, Ravages through India...documents the forced displacement of communities, flagrant violations of environmental laws, land grabs, shady financial dealings, public health crisis and worker's rights abuses [by Vedanta...
Author: Nostromo Research & India Resource Center
[also refers to Bharat Aluminum Company (BALCO), Madras Aluminium Company (MALCO), Vedanta Alumina, Hindustan Zinc (all part of Vedanta Resources); Sterlite Industries (major shareholder of Vedanta Resources), Twin Star Holdings, Volcan Investments,...
- Related stories: India: NGO report accuses Vedanta Resources of displacing communities, violating environmental laws & workers' rights
- Related companies: ABN Amro BHP Billiton J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Vedanta Resources WorleyParsons
Author: Africa Energy Intelligence
In recent weeks, CNPC, advised by JP Morgan [JPMorgan Chase], has initiated talks with [its affiliate] PetroChina - advised by Citigroup in its turn - on selling the affiliate all of its international holdings, particularly in Sudan...Up to the...
Author: Jeff Shaw, Multinational Monitor
The brutality of the ruling military junta, the elegance of the Burmese democratic movement and the strategic savvy of an international solidarity movement have spurred a multinational corporate procession out of the country, and away from support for...
Author: Michael Harrison, Independent [UK]
Cadbury Schweppes, the UK soft drinks and snacks giant, is the European food manufacturer most at risk of being sued by consumers claiming that its products contribute to obesity, according to a research report by JP Morgan...The research lists...
- Related stories: Food firms to cut levels of hydrogenated vegetable fat amid threat of obesity lawsuits [Cadbury, Nestle, Kellogg, United Biscuits]
- Related companies: Altria Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Coca-Cola J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Kraft Foods PepsiCo Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Unilever
Author: Sophie Holtham, Reputation Impact, in Ethical Corporation Magazine
Asia Pulp & Paper (APP), Indonesia's largest pulp and paper producer, has rarely faced direct challenges from NGOs. Instead it is the banks that fund the company that are targets for attack...Over 300 international financial bodies are identified...