Junior Social Sustainability Analyst/ Consultant
- Location: Berlin
- Contract Type: permanent with six-month probationary period
- Closing Date: 03/03/2017
twentyfifty is looking for a junior analyst/ consultant for our growing team in Berlin to support the delivery of client projects on human rights due diligence and responsible sourcing.
You will have a deep interest in how companies can impact employees, communities and society and display a capability to identify and assess these social and human rights impacts. You are familiar with the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and related frameworks and initiatives. Given a research task, you can identify the relevant sources quickly, evaluate them properly, distill the key findings and present them in an understandable format. You enjoy developing methodologies for client projects that combine a rigorous approach with practical usability. You can write concise reports and briefs and are able to work with excel spreadsheets efficiently. Ideally you have an understanding or experience in presenting such information to a business audience. You can work independently, but enjoy being part of a team.
You are educated to master level or equivalent, including some formalized education in human rights, have 1-2 years of relevant work experience and excellent written and spoken German and English. Other languages will be an advantage. Fieldwork experience of relevance, or experience of working with potentially affected groups in a developing country is an asset. Certainly, you will be comfortable traveling to developing countries and have an interest in building your skills to deliver projects there. You have an interest to further develop your consulting skills to take on growing responsibilities over time (e.g. in delivering workshops and trainings).
Key tasks your role will involve:
- Working closely with senior staff to develop and implement research methodologies
- Conducting (mostly qualitative) research on human rights risks in global operations and supply chains for companies from different sectors and help design approaches in response to these
- Analysing reports and documents and writing concise summaries, fact sheets and case studies as well as contributing to the development of training material
- Undertaking field research and conducting stakeholder interviews where needed
- Supporting twentyfifty’s communication and sales activities and contributing to presentations for clients
- Where necessary, providing administrative support on projects including document management, organising client meetings, making travel arrangements etc.
- Occasional travel within Europe and to emerging markets and developing countries, accompanying directors and senior consultants
To apply for this position, please send a CV and a short covering letter to [email protected] before Friday 3 March. Interviews will be held in Berlin mid-March, and the start date will be April 2017.