Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Belgium
Author: Netwerk Vlaanderen
Netwerk Vlaanderen demande aux banques internationales de ne pas investir dans le secteur du pétrole, du gaz et des produits miniers en Birmanie tant que la dictature militaire poursuit son régime brutal...De graves violations des droits humains ont eu...
Since 2005, BankTrack members are campaigning on private banks and their direct or indirect relation to Human Rights violations...Banks have the potential to impact upon...rights – both positively and negatively – in a multiplicity of ways. For...
Author: International Alert
Violent conflict presents a serious challenge for businesses operating abroad. A large body of evidence shows that investments in conflict-prone countries, and the interaction with the dynamics of violent conflict at local and national levels that...
Author: Evan Mills, Staff Scientist, US Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory; Eugene Lecomte, President Emeritus of Institute for Business & Home Safety; for Ceres
...while climate change poses potential threats, it also creates vast new business opportunities... [Insurers] have a huge opportunity today to develop creative loss-prevention solutions and products that will reduce climate-related losses for...
- Related stories: Ceres report says insurers developing new products to tackle climate change, but more firms should offer such products
- Related companies: ACE Group Aegon Aetna AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) AIG Aioi Insurance Allianz Allstate American Modern Insurance (part of Midland Company) American National Insurance Aon Aspen Insurance Aviva AXA Berkshire Hathaway Chubb Group CIGNA Cincinnati Financial Duke Energy Ergo (part of Munich Re) Fireman's Fund (part of Allianz) FM Global GEICO (part of Berkshire Hathaway) General Motors Gerling Group GMAC (now Ally Financial) Goldman Sachs Groupama Hanover Insurance Harleysville Insurance Hartford Financial Services Hartford Steam Boiler (part of AIG) Insurance Australia Group KBC Legal & General Lloyd's of London Marsh & McLennan Marsh (part of Marsh & McLennan) Metlife Midland Company Millea Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) Munich Re Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nedbank New York Life Norwich Union (part of Aviva) NSTAR Phoenix Companies Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Prudential plc Ras (part of Allianz) RNK Capital Safeco Solomon Associates (part of AIG) State Farm Insurance Storebrand Sumitomo Group Swiss Re Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Travelers UnumProvident USAA Wellpoint Zurich
[PDF] Financial Institutions Announce Revision of Equator Principles - Underscoring the Global Application of Environmental and Social Risk Management
Author: Equator Principles
The Equator Principles...have been revised in the following ways: • The Principles apply to all project financings with capital costs above USD 10 million. • The Principles now also apply to project finance advisory activities. • The revised...
- Related stories: Revised Equator Principles announced
- Related companies: ABN Amro Banco do Brasil Banco Espírito Santo Banco Itau Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BBVA Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Citigroup Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Dexia FMO HSBC HVB ING Itaú Unibanco KBC Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Nedbank Rabobank Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Wells Fargo West LB Westpac
Author: Netwerk Vlaanderen
...[The party of] the Burmese Nobel Prize winner San Suu Kyi..., the National League for Democracy, asks the Belgian banks not to invest in companies with important activities in Burma. The leader of the Burmese democrats calls for an economic boycott...
...KBC promptly responded by inviting representatives of the Belgian NGO [Netwerk Vlaanderen] to take part in an active dialogue...As a result of these discussions, KBC notified the External Advisory Board for Sustainability Analysis , which...
- Related stories: AXA, ING, Fortis, Dexia & KBC have invested over US$8 billion in companies & projects implicated in human rights violations, says Belgian NGO
- This is a response from the following companies: KBC
[DOC] Table indicating which banks have responded to concerns raised about loan to Sonangol (Angola’s state oil company) - with links to responses
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited each of the banks...to respond to concerns raised...about a new loan to Sonangol...The Global Witness article says these banks participated in a similar 2004 loan “and the same banks appear likely to...
- Related stories: Table indicating which banks have responded to concerns raised about loan to Sonangol (Angola’s state oil company)
- Related in-depth areas: Development and poverty - an introduction Disclosure/use of payments to governments - an introduction
- Related companies: Banco Espírito Santo Barclays Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Chevron Commerzbank Crédit Agricole Deutsche Bank KBC Natixis Royal Bank of Scotland Sonangol