Kennecott Minerals (part of Rio Tinto)
Headquarters in USA
Report on findings of Global Compact & ICMM good practice workshop on indigenous peoples & mining operations
Author: International Council on Mining and Metals
"International Indigenous Peoples Workshop: From Good Practice Guidance to Good Practice on the Ground", 16 July 2014 ...
Author: John Flesher, Associated Press
For a month, a small group of American Indians and environmental activists occupied an isolated patch of woods in Michigan's Upper Peninsula where the world's third-largest mining company is preparing to drill for nickel and copper. The protesters...
Author: John Pepin, Mining Journal
A rock mechanics expert [Jack Parker] speaking in Big Bay Wednesday on Kennecott-Rio Tinto's proposed Eagle Project said he believes the minerals company could safely mine the nickel and copper ore body lying underneath the Yellow Dog Plains but not...
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Rio Tinto to respond to the following items, which raise concerns over health and safety, and impact on indigenous peoples, of Rio Tinto subsidiary Kennecott Minerals’ Eagle Mine application in...
Author: AccountAbility, Business for Social Responsibility
[refers to Antamina, Cortez Gold (joint venture Placer Dome & Kennecott Minerals, part of Rio Tinto), Minera Escondida (joint venture BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, Jeco), Diavik (joint venture Rio Tinto & Aber Diamond Mines), AngloGold Ashanti]
- Related stories: How can companies in agriculture, finance, mining & pharmaceuticals best contribute to economic development & poverty alleviation? Reports by AccountAbility & Business for Social Responsibility
- Related companies: Aber Diamond AngloGold Ashanti Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) BHP Billiton Diavik (joint venture Rio Tinto & Aber Diamond Mines) Kennecott Minerals (part of Rio Tinto) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rio Tinto
Author: Oxfam Community Aid Abroad
[includes reference to Benguet Corp., Alcan, Norsk Hydro, Indal, Rio Tinto, Kennecott, Placer Dome, Misima Mining Ltd., PT Freeport Indonesia, PT KEM, Aurora Gold, Newmont, PT IMK]
- Related stories: full report: "Tunnel Vision: Women, Mining and Communities"
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Benguet Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan Indal (Indian Aluminium, part of Aditya Birla Group) Kennecott Minerals (part of Rio Tinto) Newmont Goldcorp Norsk Hydro Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rio Tinto