Kenya Commercial Bank
Kenya Commercial Bank website: www.kcb.co.ke
Central Bank of Kenya fines 5 banks for "failing to undertake adequate customer due diligence" leading to loss of public funds
Author: Adonijah Ochieng, Business Daily (Kenya)
"CBK fines five banks for handling NYS funds"...
Author: Allan Olingo, The East African (Kenya)
"Hi, I am Leo, and I can help you: Banks going digital"...
Editorial: Financial institutions should combat climate change by "aligning their business to environmental sustainability"
Author: Joshua Oigara (CEO & Managing Director of KCB Group) in Daily Nation (Kenya)
"On climate change, we’re now living on borrowed time"...
Author: George Ngigi, Daily Nation (Kenya)
"Equity Group sponsors 64 students to top US universities"...
[PDF] Steep Rise in Allegations of Human Rights Abuse as Boom in Investment Brings Hope of Prosperity
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In a new briefing paper...Business & Human Rights Resource Centre...identifies three key trends in companies’ human rights impacts in the region...Executive Director...Phil Bloomer said: “The threat of the infamous ‘Resource Curse’ hangs heavy...
- Related stories: "Steep Rise in Allegations of Human Rights Abuse as Boom in Investment Brings Hope of Prosperity - New briefing paper on business and human rights in Eastern Africa" (announcement) African Barrick Gold lawsuit (re Tanzania) Kaweri Coffee (part of Neumann Gruppe) lawsuit (re forced eviction in Uganda) Thomson Safaris lawsuit (re Maasai in Tanzania) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Bidco Oil Refineries British American Tobacco China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Eland Coal Mining Gamma Group Japan Tobacco International Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) Kenya Commercial Bank Kenya Pipeline Company MTN Neumann Gruppe Nevsun Paladin Energy PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Philip Morris International SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Safaricom Strategic Friends International Tanzania Breweries (part of SABMiller) Thomson Safaris (part of Wineland-Thomson Adventures) Total Tullow Oil Unilever Wilmar International Wineland-Thomson Adventures ZTE
Author: Sandra Chao, Business Daily (Kenya)
The Kenya Commercial Bank Foundation has injected Sh1.5 million into improving food security in Turkana County. The partnership with the US African Development Foundation (USADF) will offer alternative agricultural solutions to the residents of...
- Related companies: Kenya Commercial Bank
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
These are examples of significant company contributions, not a comprehensive list...Donations...Other initiatives
- Related companies: ABC (part of Walt Disney) Alcatel-Lucent Best Buy British Airways Cargill Deutsche Telekom France Telecom (now Orange) General Mills HSBC Kenya Commercial Bank Lufthansa Orange PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Safaricom Singapore Airlines T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) TNT (part of TPG) Total TPG UPS Verizon Virgin Atlantic (joint venture Virgin Group & Singapore Airlines) Virgin Group Walt Disney
Author: Elizabeth Mwai, The Standard [Kenya]
More than 20 company chief executives were on Monday tested for HIV. In a move to boost the weeklong HIV awareness ahead of…World Aids Day…the business leaders pledged to stamp out discrimination of infected employees at the workplace. The Chairman of...
- Related companies: Bidco Oil Refineries Comcraft Group Energizer Eveready East Africa Industrial Promotion Services Kenya Commercial Bank KK Security Mabati Rolling Mills (part of Comcraft Group) Nation Media Group Premier Food Industries (part of Industrial Promotion Services) Serena Hotels Shell Total