Response rate: 0%
(click here for an explanation)
In December 2019, UNI Global Union reported that Castorama Poland (owned by Kingfisher) dismissed 10 trade union activists and accused the company of "union-busting activities". As reported further by UNI Global Union, UNI Commerce has taken legal...
Author: Castorama Poland
Castorama has built a great business in Poland over 20 years and that has only been achieved by working closely with our colleagues and by respecting employees' rights. We employ more than 12,000 colleagues in 80 locations across the country, and that...
- Related stories: Poland: Castorama responds to allegations it unfairly dismissed 10 trade union activists
- This is a response from the following companies: Castorama (part of Kingfisher) Kingfisher
KnowTheChain assessed 39 of the largest publicly listed companies in the paper and forestry and home furnishing retail sectors on their efforts to address forced labour risks in their supply chains, based on publicly disclosed information. The findings...
- Related stories: KnowTheChain: Ranking companies' efforts to address forced labour in their supply chains
- Related companies: Aaron's Inc Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Bed Bath & Beyond Canfor Corporation Domtar Duratex SA Empresas CMPC Fibria Floor & Decor Holdings Inc Holmen Home Depot Home Product Center Public Company Limited Howden Joinery Group Plc International Paper Kingfisher Lee and Man Paper Manufacturing Limited Louisiana-Pacific Lowe's Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia) Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nine Dragons Paper Nippon Paper Industries Co Ltd Nitori Holdings Co Ltd Norbord Inc Oji Paper Sappi Shandong Chenming Paper Holdings Ltd Siam Global House Public Company Limited Stella-Jones Inc Stora Enso Suzano Papel e Celulose The Navigator Company SA UPM Via Varejo SA West Fraser Timber Co Ltd WestRock Weyerhaeuser Williams Sonoma
UK: Investigation finds firms split over whether to pay new "national living wage" to workers under 25
Author: Simon Neville, Independent (UK)
Firms will only have to pay the “national living wage” to staff aged 25 or over when it starts in April. Under half of top retailers have so far promised to pay all staff the same rate for the same work, regardless of age. Simon Neville reports on the...
- Related companies: Aldi Süd Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Arcadia Group ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods B&Q (part of Kingfisher) BHS Debenhams H&M Inditex John Lewis Partnership Kingfisher Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) Lidl Marks & Spencer New Look Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sainsbury's Sports Direct Tesco Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
"The rise of public advocacy in business" - examples of companies speaking out on human rights & sustainability issues
Author: Martin Wright, Green Futures Magazine, in Guardian (UK)
"The rise of public advocacy in business"...
Author: Interview with Chip Pitts, Lecturer at Stanford Law School, Professorial Lecturer at Oxford Uni., Professorial Fellow at SMU Law Institute of the Americas, on Criticaleye (UK)
“Rethinking Sustainability”, Jun 2015...
- Related companies: Kingfisher
Author: Andrew Simms, New Economics Foundation, on Guardian (UK)
"Business and climate: the hype and the reality", 17 June 2015...
Author: Adam Vaughan, Guardian (UK)
"British companies call on David Cameron to take stronger climate action",...
Author: US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Companies are mobilizing their expertise, capabilities, and resources to assist with the recovery efforts following the earthquake in Nepal. Businesses have pledged $26.8 million in cash and additional in kind contributions in support of relief and...
- Related stories: Nepal: Companies respond to earthquake, aid rescue mission & rehabilitation efforts
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories American Express Amgen Apple Aramark AT&T AXA Bank of Montreal BASF Bharti Airtel BJ Services Bristol-Myers Squibb Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Clorox Coca-Cola Columbia Sportswear Deutsche Telekom DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo DSM eBay Facebook Fast Retailing FedEx Ford Gap General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Henry Schein Honda Hudson's Bay IKEA Inditex ITC JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kingfisher Kohl's Marsh & McLennan Metlife Microsoft Mitsubishi Group National Bank of Canada New York Life Panasonic PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Qualcomm Royal Bank of Canada SAP Sealed Air Sears Shaw Communications Square Group Starbucks Sun Life Financial T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Tata Group Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Uber UPS Verizon Visa Group Vodafone Walmart Walt Disney Yahoo! (part of Verizon)