Response rate: 0%
(click here for an explanation)
UK: Investigation finds firms split over whether to pay new "national living wage" to workers under 25
Author: Simon Neville, Independent (UK)
Firms will only have to pay the “national living wage” to staff aged 25 or over when it starts in April. Under half of top retailers have so far promised to pay all staff the same rate for the same work, regardless of age. Simon Neville reports on the...
- Related companies: Aldi Süd Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Arcadia Group ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods B&Q (part of Kingfisher) BHS Debenhams H&M Inditex John Lewis Partnership Kingfisher Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) Lidl Marks & Spencer New Look Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sainsbury's Sports Direct Tesco Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
"The rise of public advocacy in business" - examples of companies speaking out on human rights & sustainability issues
Author: Martin Wright, Green Futures Magazine, in Guardian (UK)
"The rise of public advocacy in business"...
Author: Interview with Chip Pitts, Lecturer at Stanford Law School, Professorial Lecturer at Oxford Uni., Professorial Fellow at SMU Law Institute of the Americas, on Criticaleye (UK)
“Rethinking Sustainability”, Jun 2015...
- Related companies: Kingfisher
Author: Andrew Simms, New Economics Foundation, on Guardian (UK)
"Business and climate: the hype and the reality", 17 June 2015...
Author: Adam Vaughan, Guardian (UK)
"British companies call on David Cameron to take stronger climate action",...
Author: US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Companies are mobilizing their expertise, capabilities, and resources to assist with the recovery efforts following the earthquake in Nepal. Businesses have pledged $26.8 million in cash and additional in kind contributions in support of relief and...
- Related stories: Nepal: Companies respond to earthquake, aid rescue mission & rehabilitation efforts
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories American Express Amgen Apple Aramark AT&T AXA Bank of Montreal BASF Bharti Airtel BJ Services Bristol-Myers Squibb Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Clorox Coca-Cola Columbia Sportswear Deutsche Telekom DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo DSM eBay Facebook Fast Retailing FedEx Ford Gap General Motors Google H&M Henry Schein Honda Hudson's Bay IKEA Inditex ITC JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kingfisher Kohl's Marsh & McLennan Metlife Microsoft Mitsubishi Group National Bank of Canada New York Life Panasonic PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Qualcomm Royal Bank of Canada SAP Sealed Air Sears Shaw Communications Square Group Starbucks Sun Life Financial T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Tata Group Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Uber UPS Verizon Visa Group Vodafone Walmart Walt Disney Yahoo!
Author: Liza Ramrayka, Guardian Sustainable Business (UK)
Children and young people are key stakeholders in business and can offer unique insights. But finding the balance between participation and protection is vital...Emma Rea...founder of [a] brand and innovation consultancy...believes there is a strong...
- Related stories: Guardian & UNICEF "Giving Children a Voice in Business" week features editorials, media, youth essays, live discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: B&Q (part of Kingfisher) Kingfisher Lego