Member of UN Global Compact
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
Avec les incendies en Amazonie, c’est tout un système de production non durable sur le long terme qui a été mis en lumière aux yeux du grand public. Le rôle des entreprises importatrices de viande ou de soja brésilien a notamment été pointé du doigt....
Norwegian investors and pension funds reach out to companies to halt environmental destruction in Brazil's Amazon
“Norway’s Biggest Funds Tell Companies to Halt Damage of Amazon”, 27th August 2019...
Author: Fair Action (Sweden), Fair Finance Guide International, The Future in Our Hands (Norway)
"Shareholders of H&M fail to take responsibility for garment workers’ wages", 31 January 2019...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises Bangladesh: Widespread garment worker protests over minimum wage increase; leads to mass dismissals
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights Living wage
- Related companies: Danske Bank DnB NOR H&M Handelsbanken KappAhl KLP Forsikring Länsförsäkringar Lindex MQ Nordea Bank ODIN Fund Management (part of SpareBank1 Group) SEB Skandia SpareBank 1 Nord-Norge SpareBank 1 SMN SpareBank 1 SR-Bank SpareBank 1 Østlandet Storebrand Swedbank
Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
In February 2019, Fair Action released a report exploring, among other things, the role of Nordic banks (as shareholders) in holding H&M accountable to its promise to ensure living wages for garment workers in its supply chain by 2018, particula...
Author: Jeanett Bergan, Head of responsible investments, KLP, Norway
On a general note KLP's guidelines for responsible investments describes how KLP works with engagement, voting and exclusions. Serious or systematic violations of human rights and other gross or systematic breaches of labor rights are part of KLP's...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
- Related in-depth areas: Living wage
- Related companies: H&M KLP Forsikring
Author: Jonathan Saul & Simon Jessop, Reuters (UK)
'Shipping’s Financiers Turning the Tide On Controversial Shipbreaking Practices' 15 May 2018...
Author: World Wildlife Fund (Switzerland)
"Biggest EU investors are partly aligned with Paris Agreement but more efforts needed", 4 July 2017...
Norway: KLP pension fund divests from Dakota Access Pipeline citing insufficient consultations & lack of progress in influencing company through active ownership
"KLP excludes companies involved in Dakota Access Pipeline",...
USA: DNB sells stakes in companies involved in Dakota Access Pipeline over indigenous rights concerns
Author: The Local (Sweden)
"Norway's top bank drops assets in Dakota Access Pipeline," 18 Nov 2016...