Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Response rate: 100%
(click here for an explanation)
USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
On 15 January 2020, the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) released the latest proposed rule to implement Section 1504 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Section 1504 requires companies operating in the...
Author: Kosmos Energy
...[W]e refer all parties to Kosmos Energy’s long-held position on transparency around payments to governments in the extractive industries... We believe resource revenues are more likely to be managed in the best interests of a country if payments and...
- Related stories: USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Kosmos Energy
Equatorial Guinea: Oil cos. urged to denounce attack on human rights defender; Total & Clontarf Energy responded
Alfredo Okenve, a leading civil society activist and vice-president of the Center for Development Studies and Initiatives (CEID), was severely beaten up at gunpoint on 27 October 2018. Plain-clothed policemen carried out a prolonged attack, before...
- Related stories: Equatorial Guinea: Oil cos. urged to denounce attack on human rights defender; Total & Clontarf Energy responded
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- This is a non response from the following companies: Kosmos Energy
Regional & intl. journalists expose shell companies that help corrupt officials launder money, evade taxes throughout West Africa
#WestAfricaLeaks collaboration among journalists from 11 countries analysed 27.5 million documents from Panama, Paradise Papers & others sources Documents reveal apparent corruption, conflicts of interests & tax avoidance or evasion by powerfu...