Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Response rate: 100%
(click here for an explanation)
Author: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
[Note: This item is not directly about human rights issues, but is relevant to the debate about the independence of auditing/accounting firms, and their role in monitoring the human rights conduct of companies]
- Related companies: KPMG
Author: Philip Smith, AccountancyAge.com
KPMG was yesterday censured by US regulators for violating auditor independence rules, adding further embarrassment to an already embattled audit profession [Note: This item is not directly about human rights issues, but is relevant to the debate about...
Author: Anna Teo, Business Times [Singapore]
At just over 6 per cent of all company directors in Singapore - little changed from a year ago - women remain a token presence in the boardroom. [includes reference to Deloitte & Touche, Ernst & Young, KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers]
Author: Professor David Kinley
To what extent are the CSR issues outlined in this article being picked up by law firms and passed on to corporate clients? If little or none – why so?...[Are] the compliance and regulation oriented accountancy conglomerates (such as Price Waterhouse...
- Related stories: Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses)
- Related companies: EY (Ernst & Young) KPMG McKinsey PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Related companies: KPMG
Author: Janet Guyon, Fortune
From BP's claim to be moving "beyond petroleum" to Exxon Mobil's "promise of technology," the companies that fill our gas tanks are trying their darnedest to build an eco-friendly image. But will the pitch pay off with investors? Only if the effort is...
Author: Ann Zammit, United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) & South Centre
In recent years the United Nations (UN) has increasingly engaged in what it refers to as partnership with the private sector in order to hasten the achievement of the development goals of the United Nations (UN). This idea underpins the United Nations...
- Related companies: ABN Amro American Express Aventis (now part of Sanofi) Barclays BASF BP Burger King Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Enron EY (Ernst & Young) KPMG McDonald's Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Nestlé Nokia PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Rabobank Reebok (part of adidas) Rio Tinto Sanofi Unilever West LB Westpac
Corporate Voluntarism and Human Rights: The Adequacy and Effectiveness of Voluntary Self-Regulation Regimes
Author: Penelope Simons, School of Social Sciences and Law, Oxford Brookes University, UK, in Relations industrielles: Équité, efficience, éthique ? La régulation sociale de l'entreprise mondialisée
This article reviews and assesses the language, human rights content and compliance mechanisms of the voluntary policies and/or codes developed by a number of corporations, industry groups, intergovernmental organizations and multistakeholder...
- Related stories: Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: BP EY (Ernst & Young) First Quantum Minerals Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) KPMG Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Shell Talisman (part of Repsol) Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Myriam Vander Stichele, SOMO
The private financial industry...[has] a major influence on...who in society gets access to financing and protection against risks; ... how financial services benefit the rich or the marginalized, sustainable development or environmental destruction. ...
- Related companies: ABN Amro Bank Austria Creditanstalt Bank Negara Indonesia Bechtel BNP Paribas Citibank (part of Citigroup) Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank EY (Ernst & Young) Fortis Grameen Bank ING KPMG Lehman Brothers Moody's Munich Re PricewaterhouseCoopers Rabobank Royal Bank of Scotland Société Générale Standard & Poor's (part of S&P Global) Standard Chartered Triodos Bank West LB
Major auditing companies are increasing services to help clients undertake social responsibility initiatives by leveraging their expertise in auditing and assisting with environmental measures. [refers to human rights responsibilities of companies] ...