- Child labour
- Forced labour
- Supply chain
- News & reports, international standards and introductory material
Información en Español - ver abajo. Contenu en français - voir ci-dessous.
- Labour-Rights-Responsibilities-Guide (LARRGE): Innovative online guide to corporate social responsibility tools
- Author & date: Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Human Rights, 28 Jun 2010
- [PDF] "Better Jobs in Better Supply Chains" - includes case studies on business initiatives
- Author and date: Oxfam International, Feb 2010
- [PDF] "The Labour Principles of the United Nations Global Compact: A Guide for Business"
- Author: UN Global Compact
- [PDF] "Rules of the Game: A brief introduction to international labour standards"
- Author and date: ILO 2009
- ILO Helpdesk for Business on Intl. Labour Standards
- Author: ILO
- [PDF] "Human Rights Translated" - see pg. 91-108 sections on: right to work; right to enjoy just and favorable conditions of work; right to form trade unions and join a trade union and the right to strike; right to social security, including social insurance
- Author and date: Castan Centre for Human Rights Law, International Business Leaders Forum, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, 2008
- [PDF] "Las Reglas de Juego - una breve introduccion a las normas internacionales de trabajo"
- Organización Internacional del Trabajo
- [PDF] « Les regles du jeu : Une brève introduction aux normes internationales du travail »
- L'Organisation internationale du travail
Related stories and components
Nigeria: ILO initiates national work plan to eliminate child labour in mining and cocoa supply chains
Author: Alex Enumah, This Day (Nigeria)
"Nigeria, ILO, Others Strategise to Eradicate Child Labour", 6 May 2019....
Author: Lily Kampani, Malawi News Agency
"Africa: ILO Sets Out to Eradicate Child Labour in Africa"...
Author: Kamva Somdyala, news24 (So. Africa)
"Labour department to name and shame employers who fail to comply with minimum wage", 13 April 2019....
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights
South Africa: Court rules in favour of employee dismissed from TDF Network Africa over religious beliefs
Author: The Saturday Star & IOL
"Adventist wins case against former employer over working on Sabbath", 13 April 2019....
Eritrea: Human rights activists allege EU-financed road project uses forced labour; EU denies allegation
"EU denies claim of funding Eritrea 'forced labour' project", 2 April 2019....
Author: Fair Action (Sweden), Fair Finance Guide International, The Future in Our Hands (Norway)
"Shareholders of H&M fail to take responsibility for garment workers’ wages", 31 January 2019...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises Bangladesh: Widespread garment worker protests over minimum wage increase; leads to mass dismissals
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights Living wage
- Related companies: Danske Bank DnB NOR H&M Handelsbanken KappAhl KLP Forsikring Länsförsäkringar Lindex MQ Nordea Bank ODIN Fund Management (part of SpareBank1 Group) SEB Skandia SpareBank 1 Nord-Norge SpareBank 1 SMN SpareBank 1 SR-Bank SpareBank 1 Østlandet Storebrand Swedbank
Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
In February 2019, Fair Action released a report exploring, among other things, the role of Nordic banks (as shareholders) in holding H&M accountable to its promise to ensure living wages for garment workers in its supply chain by 2018, particula...
In January 2019, the living quarters of 66 people, including 21 children, were severely damaged by a fire at the Robgill Estate in Sri Lanka’s tea district. The official cause of the fire had not been determined; however, reports blame "grossly inadeq...
In January 2019, approximately 30 workers at the Daikin India factory were reported to have been seriously injured while participating in a two-day national strike. Twelve workers were subseqently arrested on charges of rioting and attempted murder, w...
Pulido Apparel workers protest outside the factory in San Luis, Batangas in the Philippines (Source: IndustriALL) Workers at Pulido Apparel Company Inc - a Philippines subsidiary of the U.S based leather gloves and fashion accessories manufacturer, F...