Headquarters in Germany
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci
Morocco/Western Sahara: Report warns wind energy companies from engaging in projects in Western Sahara without consent of local communities
Author: Western Sahara Resource Watch
Report: COP22 controversy - Moroccan green energy used for plunder, 2 November 2016...
German prosecutors close lawsuit against Lahmeyer managers for alleged displacement caused by dam construction in Sudan
Author: European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights
"German managers won't face trial for displacement in Sudan dam case, ECCHR-Newsletter No. 44 (November 2016)", 2 Nov 2016...
- Related stories: Lahmeyer lawsuit (re dam construction in northern Sudan)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Lahmeyer
Author: Daniel Mützel , Euractiv
Le Parlement européen voudrait que les entreprises qui transgressent les droits de l’Homme soient poursuivies en justice et que les produits éthiques soient estampillés « sans maltraitance »…...
New "Corporate Crime Principles" aim to advance companies' legal accountability for human rights - an initiative of Amnesty Intl. & ICAR