Lane Bryant (part of Charming Shoppes)
Author: Charming Shoppes
...we take...allegations [such as those in the National Labor Committee report] seriously, and are thoroughly investigating the situation...[We] do not intend to continue using the factory unless the issues raised in the NLC report and confirmed...
Author: National Labor Committee & Center for Studies and Support for Local Development (CEADEL)
Women in the U.S. are purchasing clothing sewn by women who are exploited in Guatemala. The Nicotex sweatshop produces clothing for Briggs New York [part of Kellwood] and Lane Bryant [part of Charming Shoppes]...overtime work is common, obligatory and...
- Related stories: Guatemala: Labour rights violations at Nicotex factory supplying Briggs NY, Lane Bryant, says National Labor Committee report
- Related in-depth areas: Labour - an introduction
- Related companies: Charming Shoppes Kellwood Lane Bryant (part of Charming Shoppes)
Author: Nikki F. Bas, Sweatshop Watch; Medea Benjamin, Global Exchange; Joannie C. Chang, Asian Law Caucus
This month, the last of three lawsuits over sweatshop conditions on the U.S. island of Saipan came to a close...While the settlement is viewed as a significant victory, several challenges emerged, which lend valuable lessons for future anti-sweatshop...
- Related stories: U.S. apparel cos. lawsuit (re Saipan)
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Banana Republic (part of Gap) Brooks Brothers Brylane (formerly part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute now Kering) Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Charming Shoppes Cutter & Buck Donna Karan Gap Gymboree J.C. Penney J.Crew Jones Group Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Lane Bryant (part of Charming Shoppes) Levi Strauss Limited Brands Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Marshall Fields (part of May Department Stores) May Department Stores Mervyn's Nordstrom Old Navy (part of Gap) Oshkosh B'Gosh Polo Ralph Lauren PricewaterhouseCoopers PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sears Talbots Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Warnaco Woolrich