Call for case studies: Climate Action Portal
Are you working with climate change and environment-related issues?
Have a look at the Climate Action Portal, featuring pro bono cooperations on the topic of the climate emergency. If you have experience working on similar projects, submit a case study here to the Portal to advertise your project and spread the word on how pro bono collaborations can help on this end.
What is the Climate Action Portal?
The Portal is a joint project between the Australian Pro Bono Centre and PILnet. It features a regularly updated range of case studies that highlight the different ways lawyers are using their experience and expertise through pro bono work to help tackle the climate crisis.
The Portal was launched in late 2021with to provide a valuable resource for any lawyer seeking inspiration about how to undertake climate pro bono work and a way to support the work of CSOs working in the area of climate justice.
How can I contribute?
The Portal is receiving case studies from around the world regularly, you can submit your case study here.
Guidelines for Submission:
● Case studies must be a maximum of 1500 characters. The word limit is short because the case studies are intended to be a source of inspiration for pro bono lawyers, not a comprehensive analysis of each activity.
● Each case study should include a brief description of the pro bono work, including:
○ the time period during which the work took place / is taking place
○ the type of assistance provided
○ the beneficiaries of the assistance
○ the outcome (if the matter has concluded), or the intended outcome
○ (ideally) a quote from a lawyer involved in the project, or a recipient of the pro bono assistance.
If you are interested in getting involved in the project differently, feel free to reach out to PILnet via [email protected].