Institute for Human Rights and Business publishes top 10 business & human rights issues for 2019
"TOP 10 BUSINESS & HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUES", 10 Dec 2018
The 10th of December 2018 marks 70 years since the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) was adopted. This human rights day also marks ten years of IHRB’s Top 10 Business and Human Rights Issues for the coming year.
To mark the occasion, we at IHRB turned to some of our partners from business and civil society with whom we have worked closely over the last decade to prepare our tenth annual list of the Top 10 Business and Human Rights Issues for 2019...
1. Eliminating Discrimination Within Workplace and Across Wider Society
2. Ensuring Dignity While Building Infrastructure
3. Defending Rights Holders Challenging Power
4. Upholding Rights in the Face of Massive Investments in Emerging Economies
5. Safeguarding Rights of Workers on the Move
6. Measuring Performance to Move Shareholders
7. Promoting Rights Through Sport
8. Forging Remedy in Post-Conflict Scenarios
9. Harnessing Technology to Respect Rights Across Trade and Transport Chains
10. Embedding International Standards in New Democracies