Lafarge Holcim's response regarding allegations of labour rights abuse in Jordan
- LafargeHolcim takes every stakeholder's feedback extremely seriously
- Accordingly, we will integrate the feedback of the two mentioned reports into our human rights due diligence and assessments.
- LafargeHolcim operates in line with local law and global international labour standards everywhere in the world. We can confirm that our business in Jordan operates accordingly.
- We also work with a range of service providers, creating further employment in our local communities. We condition all our suppliers and service providers to respect all local laws and our Group's Code of Business Conduct.
- Across all our operations we ensure we offer adequate working conditions as well as a safe and inclusive environment for all, in compliance with local law and our global code of conduct.
- As a responsible company, we are committed to make a real positive difference for people and communities wherever we operate. While we are a global business, we operate very locally in each of our 75 markets. Thus, employing local people and establishing good and open relationships with our communities are at the core of our business. As we share in our annual report, this includes, a globally applicable business code of conduct, a strong system to check compliance with local laws and international regulations, a thorough human rights due diligence methodology including impact assessments and mitigation action, the implementation of sustainable procurement, regular engagement with stakeholders (stakeholder engagement plans), as well as an integrity line that is open and available in different languages for our employees, communities and other stakeholder to raise any concerns.
- For transparency purposes, we have published these policies and processes on our website: https://www.lafargeholcim.com/additional-esg-resources