Latest China, Law and Development (CLD) research briefs on Chinese overseas investments: From vaccine equity to sustainable finance
The next set of "China, Law and Development" (CLD) Research Briefs has just been published here.
They cover a very wide range of CLD-related topics from vaccine equity to sustainable finance, and with case studies in Ethiopia, Tajikistan, Cambodia, Kyrgyzstan, Brazil, Vietnam and more:
- Labour Law Compliance among Chinese Enterprises in Ethiopia - Miriam Driessen, University of Oxford.
- Chinese Cotton Diplomacy in Tajikistan: Greasing the Ties by Reviving the Cotton Economy - Irna Hofman, University of Oxford.
- Vaccine Equity: Mapping the Challenges - Kai-Shen Huang, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- Legal Development Along the Belt and Road: How Extra-Legal Institutions Shape Foreign Investment and Development Prospects in Cambodia - Molly Bodurtha, Columbia Law School & Sokphea Young, University College London.
- Unravelling the Role of Local Lawyers and Law Firms in Chinese Investments in Brazil - Marco André Germanò, University of São Paulo & Peking University.
- The Impact of Regime Changes and Culture on Foreign Investment: The Case of Chinese Investors in the Goldmines of Kyrgyzstan - Nuraiym Syrgak, Kyrgyzstan.
- City of London Law Firms Advising China’s Belt and Road Initiative: A Study of Six Years of Engagement - Michael Yip, Peking University.
- Chinese Disguised Investment in Vietnam - Ha Hai Do, University of Oxford.
- Sustainable Finance and Green BRI Practice in Africa and South Asia: A Response to the Changing International Political Order - Chi Zhang, University of Glasgow (guest contributor).
The opinions expressed in these Research Briefs represent the views of the author(s) alone.