Modern Slavery Statement Disclosure Quality: ASX100 Companies
- There is a wide dispersion in terms of the disclosure quality of the Modern Slavery Statements 2020 submitted by S&P/ASX100 companies.
- Companies with the best modern slavery disclosure scores are Woolworths, Fortescue Metals, Wesfarmers, Westpac, and Ansell.
- Companies with weak disclosure scores include IDP Education, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare, Cleanaway, Resmed and Nine Entertainment.
- Large companies with large number of employees and big supply spend scored well on modern slavery disclosure quality.
- Good modern slavery statements showed a history of continued effort in managing modern slavery and other human rights issues.
- The most common specific modern slavery risks assessed and mentioned by the companies are forced labour, child labour and debt bondage.