Q&A The Kilwa massacre & the landmark decision of the African Commission of Human & Peoples Rights
Questions (Answers can be found below)
1. What happened in Kilwa?
2. Is what happened in Kilwa linked to the war in DRC
4. What role did Anvil Mining play in the massacre?
5. What does Anvil Mining say happened?
6. Did the Congolese government arrest any of the soldiers or Anvil employees?
7. Have there been other attempts to seek criminal justice?
8. Were there attempts to seek justice through the civil courts?
9. Why did the victims decide to launch a complaint with the African
Commission on Human and Peoples Rights?
10. How did African Commission reach its decision?
11. What did the African Commission decide?
12. What was ground-breaking about the award for compensation?
13. What else was groundbreaking about the decision?
14. What did the African Commission say about the role of Anvil Mining?
15. What happens next?
16. Can this decision be enforced?