Response by Metalor
Thanks for contacting Metalor on this subject and giving us the opportunity to express our position regarding this matter...
- Metalor does formally reject any allegation of slavery or force labour
- Metalor neither had nor have any presence in Eritrea.
- Metalor has not done any business with the Eritrean government
- Metalor was supplied gold doré from a large and renowned Canadian publicly listed international mining company which was operating the Bisha mine in Eritrea.
- The above supply of gold doré was limited to a short period of time in 2011 and 2012.
- There were no restrictions/sanctions at that time from either the UN or the Swiss Government in that regard
- Since that time Metalor has not received any supply of precious metal whatsoever from Eritrea.
- Because of the overall deterioration of the situation of that country in terms of human rights, Eritrea is blacklisted by Metalor.
- Metalor has rejected several offers to be supplied from Eritrea. All such requests have been turn down due to compliance reasons.