UAE: 31 companies awarded for their labour welfare performance
"31 firms star-rated for labour welfare initiatives", 17 December 2018
The third edition of Taqdeer Award honoured 31 companies on Monday for providing the best working conditions for labourers, with companies vowing to improve performance and score the five-star rank. Sheikh Mansour bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum awarded the winning factories and construction and free zone companies based on their overall treatment of workers, infrastructure of accommodation provided, work environment, wages, health and safety and open-door policies. The award this year also added the "innovation" criteria to evaluate companies based on involving workers in their decision-making and taking up their innovative ideas. The 31 winners were filtered down from 75 finalists of an initial 425 applications. Officials said the award witnessed 77 per cent growth in the number of participating companies compared to last year... Winners of 5-star and 4-star ratings will enjoy priority in government projects, giving them an advantage while bidding for international contracts...
And the winners are...
- Mai Dubai LLC from the manufactures sector
- Amana Steel Buildings Contracting LLC
- Imdaad LLC from the service sector
- Kimoha Entrepreneurs Limited
- Aswaaq LLC
- BIC Contracting LLC
- United Engineering Construction Company (LLC)
- Aroma International Building Contracting LLC
- Desert Landscape Co. LLC
- Multiplex Constructions LLC
- Bam Higgs & Hill LLC
- Al Naboodah Construction
- Arabtec Construction LLC
- Geodis Freight Forwarding LLC
- Agility Global Logistics FZE...