Law & lawsuits
Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
"BHP says Samarco settlement approved", 10 August 2018...
Author: Matt Coughlan, The Australian
"Slavery inquiry mulls penalty for business", 2 August 2018 Supermarket giant Woolworths has rejected calls from human rights groups to penalise Australian businesses who don't show how they are stamping out slavery in supply chains. A Senate inquir...
Author: Alexia Fernández Campbell, Vox
"Some businesses are refusing to hire DACA recipients. They are fighting back."...
Brazil: BHP signs deal with govt. to suspend $55 billion Samarco lawsuit; companies currently in talks with govt. to re-open mine
Author: David Chau, ABC (Australia)
"BHP signs deal to suspend $55 billion Samarco lawsuit for two years", 26 June 2018...
- Related stories: BHP Billiton & Vale lawsuit (re dam collapse in Brazil)
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Vale
Honduras: Berta Cáceres' organization COPINH to take legal action against Dutch development bank over dam project
Author: Liz Ford & Sam Jones, The Guardian (UK)
"Bank faces lawsuit over Honduras dam project as spirit of Berta Cáceres lives on", 18 May 2018...
Author: Radio Free Asia
"Vietnamese Environmental Activist's Sentence Upheld on Appeal", 24 April 2018...
- Related stories: Vietnam: Fish deaths blamed on Formosa Plastics put fisherfolk out of work, spark rare protests
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Formosa Plastics
Author: Press Trust of India, Hindustan Times
"Workers can be hired for fixed term across sectors, says govt", 20 March 2018...
- Related stories: India: Contract labour legalized for all sectors of industry