Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (Volume 2, Issue 2)
- Related in-depth areas: Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J&P Group J.C. Penney KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of RNF Holding) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff
Bangladesh: Apparel firms call on govt. to protect workers' rights & rectify abuses during recent protests
Author: Steering Committee members of the Accord on Fire & Building Safety
"Letter to PM Hasina on Response to Ashulia Wage Protests", 19 Jan 2017...
Author: LC Waikiki
- Related stories: Responses by garment brands to our questionnaire on the treatment of Syrian refugees in Turkish supplier factories
- This is a response from the following companies: LC Waikiki
Bangladesh: Labour rights abuses & violations reported at factory supplying to Inditex & LC Waikiki, responses included from companies
Institute for Global Labour & Human Rights reported slave like conditions at Jean Plus Limited. IGLHR reported that over 1,000 workers, mostly young women, are routinely beaten and forced to toil 94 to 101 hours, seven days a week. It also alleged...